Chapter Two

Dean's POV

Sam nods before walking away grabbing his bag.

"Where do you think you're going?" I ask stopping him on his way out.

"A walk. I need to let everything sink in."

Once Sam leaves the motel I'm left alone to my thoughts. I decide on taking a shower. The bathroom is like any other crappy motel Sam and I stay at. It has the standard toilet, shower, and sink complete with cheap bar soap, shampoo, and conditioner. I turn my body around to find a younger version of myself standing there in front of me; it's my reflection. It's weird looking in the mirror and seeing yourself from 10 years ago on the other side.

. . .

After my shower Sam is still gone. I don't think much of it. I need to find a way out of this strange world. So I call out to the only guy I could think of who may be able to help.

Castiel.

I bow my head and begin to pray.

"Hey Cas, it's me Dean Winchester. I need you it's kind of an emergency. Please come as soon as possible-"

My prayers are cut short when I remember Cas doesn't know me. In fact he is yet to have a vessel. Jimmy Novak is still himself living his normal life like he should be.

"-nevermind."

As if on cue Sammy strolls in the motel looking like a mess. He stops in place just after passing the door way

"Who were you talking to?" His head tilts a little bit to the side.

"Just an old friend of mine." I lie.

Just as I think Sam's going to accuse me of lying, he changes the subject.

"Sounds great. Look here, babe. There's a case I-"

My muscles tighten immediately cutting him off.

"Whoa whoa slow down tiger. Babe? What is this some chic flick?"

Sam's face instantly turns a dark red.

"Sorry it's a habit." He apologizes.

The sadness in his face makes me feel guilty. I bet he misses his boyfriend.

"Anyways..." He begins. "I found this case in Iowa. We should get going soon because it's a little less than a 10 hour drive."

"Awesome."

. . .

We completed the job a few days later. While working this case I experienced clips of emotions that scared the living hell out of me. The first few times I felt it I mentally tried to push it telling myself that I didn't really feel that way and that I'll it will pass over. But the more I tell myself that the bolder and intenser the feelings strike back. There is no escaping the butterflies I get when Sam laughs at a stupid joke I make or the sudden urge I get to kiss him when he gives me those puppy eyes. The way I feel towards him feels wrong but at the same time so right.

"...even if he is there it's a slim chance we'd make it from to Washington in time since it's-Dean, are you listening?"

I'm taken away from my thoughts.

"Hm?" My eyes dart to Sam's eyes. He looks unimpressed. "Oh yea I'm listening. Washington and slim chances right? Go on, don't leave me hanging."

"You don't have a clue what I was saying you do you?" He sighs.

"Not a single word." I smile.

Sam stands up from the coffee table rolling his eyes. He takes a seat next to me on the bed briging his laptop along with him. The feeling of his shoulders lightly rubbing against mine as he types sends chills down my spine. I study his face trying to find a flaw. I can't find a single one. I'm not sure whether it's the sun in his eyes but his eyes look alive. He looks glowing. How have I never noticed my brother is beautiful? And his hair cut is adorable. I miss his hair this way. When I get back to my time maybe I'll talk Sam into getting his hair cut this way. That is if he's is alive. I shake the bad thought out of my head and continue admiring Sam.

"Anyways back to what I was saying in-"

"Sammy?" I cut him off.

"What do you want now, Dean?" His eyebrows knit together.

I don't answer, I just stare deep into his eyes. A small smile begins creeping on my face. He continues looking at me keeping our gaze inseperable. At a moment like this there's only one thing to do. My heart aches for it. I place my hand on his cheek. Before I know it my lips are sinking into his. The kiss is soft and gentle like a dance. It was until our lips connected that I realized this boy is the only one to ever make me feel this way. Even with Lisa I never experienced something so powerful, so right. Moments later I pull away renewing my gaze with Sam.

"Wh-what did you just do?" He stutters.

Awwwwwwe Dean has the hots for Sam. Remember to vote / comment to show you like it. Have a fabulous day :-)
~Julia Marie

you can follow me on twitter:
@choirofcas