Chapter Nine

Dean's POV

"Look at me. You don't deserve any of that crap. If I leave you better set him straight. Don't you dare let him get to you. You hear me? You're the good guy, Sam."

Tears begin dripping down Sam's cheeks. I lean over to wipe them with my thumb. Once they're gone I begin caressing his jaw line.

"Thank you." Sam says whole heartedly.

"I love you so freakin much don't let some douche control your life." I lean in to kiss him.

"I love you too."

• • •

I've been given a second chance at life. My old life was crappy. Now I can make everything right.

This also saved Sam from a very bad relationship.

I can show him how to love.

But knowing me I will mess this up just like I mess everything else up.

After an emotional night with Sam we both agreed it's best if we find a case to work on. Neither of have the motivation to look for one. Sam is sprawled across the bed resting his head on my lap. I absentmindedly twist his hair around my finger tips. We've been sitting here for what feels like hours. I'm pretty sure he fell asleep. There's a knock on the door and I practically jump off the bed. Sam gasps loudly as I woke him from his sleep.

"You alright?" I ask quickly tending to Sam.

There's another knock. This time louder and more powerful.

I make my way to the door grabbing my hand gun on the way. I put it behind my back bracing myself for who are what could possibly be behind the door. I twist the door knob and peek my head on the other side. I see a couple of teenagers running across the parking lot looking back to check if I answered the door.

"You got me!" I yell out to them.

"Damn kids." I say shaking my head.

Ding dong ditch. I get it. I was a kid once too.

"We should really look for a case, Dean." Sam speaks up.

I jump as I didn't hear Sam move behind me. He wraps his arms around my waist.

"When was the last time either of us stepped foot on a beach?" I ask Sam.

I think back to one of the conversations I had with Sam. My brother Sam.

He pauses for a moment taking time to answer the question.

"Never?" The word sounds more like a question than an statement.

"Exactly. Let's go to the beach."

"But Dean we need to-"

I cut Sam off by turning my body so we're face to face.

"We don't need to do anything. Let's go right now." I give Sam a childish smile.

Sam stands there for a while weighing his options.