Chapter Seven

Dean's POV

That's not what matters right now. I'm angry. Furious even.

No I'm not angry at Sam.

I'm angry that Sam is sad enough to do that to himself. He doesn't deserve it. He doesn't deserve pain. Sam deserves all the happiness in the world.

It's not fair.

About five minutes after running out on Sam; he comes out fully closed. He doesn't make eye contact with me. I try my best to avoid eye contact with him. I'm laying on the bed and he's sat at the table doing something on the computer. After a half an hour of complete silence I speak up.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?" Sam makes eye contact with me for the first time since the shower.

"I got light headed and I needed-"

"Cut the bullshit, Dean."

After a couple of minutes I take a deep breath.

"Why did you do it?"

"Do what? You were the one who got in the shower with me!"

"No...well yes but that's not what I'm talking about."

Sam sits there in thought totally clueless about what I'm hinting.

"The cuts on your leg. Where did they come from?"

Sam's face immediately turns a dark shade of Crimson.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I must of gotten them from a hunt or something."

I don't respond. I can see right through him.

He bites the inside of his cheek. Nervous habit.

"If you don't know then why are you biting your cheek?"

This time he doesn't respond. He takes a deep breath and shakes his head.

I shift my way over from the bed to the table. My hand reaches out for Sam's but he pushes me away.

"Okay. I get it. You don't want to talk. When you're ready to talk about whatever it is you can come to me. Today. Tomorrow. Whenever. I'm here for you."

I kiss his forehead gently.

"In the meantime..." I say while collapsing onto the bed. "...I'm gonna get some shut eye."

I close my eyes once I get in sleeping position.

"I love you, Dean Winchester." Sam mumbles under his breath.

"I love you, Sam Prince." I can't help but smile at the words that come out of my mouth.

I've already told him 'I love you' before but every time I say it, it feels like the first.

"Dean." A familiar voice calls out to me.

I turn around to find a blue eyed angel looking back at me.

"Cas?" I say in disbelief.

"You're home." He gives me a warm smile.

I take in my new surroundings. I'm no longer in the crappy motel with Sam. It's been replaced with what looks like a forest.

"No." I say once quietly.

"No. No." I gradually get louder.

"No!!!!!" I begin screaming in denial.

"Bring me back!"

"But Dean, I almost died for you. The risk of either of us making it back alive is almost impossible."