Case File 31

Case File Name:
Officially Weird.

Chapter Thirty-One

Nadia already seemed to be waiting at the door when Tazmin and I arrived—immediately running out of the door as soon as I had the new Range Rover parked in the driveway.

"Mel!" she called out, tugging my door open as I unbuckled my seatbelt.

I laughed slightly, "Wow you really missed me that much?" I joked with her, sliding out of my seat.

And immediately being pulled into a hug by Nadia.

"I have so much to tell you about school," she said as I lowered down to hug her back.

I smiled, "I can't wait to hear all about it," I murmured, running my hands down her silky dark hair spilling across her shoulders, "I also brought—"

"Tazi?" Nadia suddenly cut me short, pulling back from me to immediately walk over to the woman who now stood by us.

Tazmin tilted her head when Nadia threw her small arms around her, which seemed to make an amused look grow on my face.

It's always so entertaining to watch Nadia challenge Tazmin's reserved demeanor.

"I need your help on this Wordle level," Nadia said, grabbing Tazmin's hand and pulling her along—which forced me to follow behind them towards the door.

That Morana and Zane stood at.

"Taz, hey," Zane immediately greeted Tazmin.

Which seemed to make my brows furrow.

"I didn't know you guys were on a nickname basis?" I said, glancing between the two before Morana pulled me into a hug.

"Apparently they play poker together," my sister told me as we pulled back from the brief hug, now glancing over to Tazmin, "But it's nice to formally meet you aside from Nadi's iPad," she joked with her, extending a hand for her shake.

Tazmin didn't hesitate to briefly shake her hand, "Zane talks enough about you to know you," she told my sister as they pulled away from the brief handshake.

Which made Zane give Tazmin a blank look, clearly wanting to keep that information between them—meanwhile Morana seemed to be smiling, taking Tazmin's statement as a compliment.

"Yes, well Nadi talks a lot about you," Morana suddenly glanced to me, "I didn't realize you had a girlfriend—"

"Mommy that was supposed to be between us," Nadia cut Morana short with a narrowed look.

Which made me awkwardly clear my throat, especially when Morana and Zane seemed to subtly glance between us.

I'm honestly not surprised that Nadia didn't believe Tazmin was only my friend.

But she could've kept that information on the low.

I clearly need to have a discussion with her about discretion.

"Why don't we go eat? I'm starving," I forced out, walking past them through the open front door, which luckily forced everyone to trail behind me—dropping the very awkward topic.