23. A Future

"Ah. I apologize, I seemed to have rambled on without knowing." Robin apologized.

"No, it's fine." Himeko said. "Your will, it's quite admirable. And your cause, I think we all think the same, don't we? We should help those in need." Himeko smiled softly.

Trailblazer nodded, "that's right."

"The Nameless will always help those in need!" March 7th exclaimed energetically.

"But, in order to do this, we'll need more information on both the Family and the Watchmaker who sent the invitations to us and allowed our attendance." Welt said. He turned to Robin, "so you know anything or someone who does?"

"I can introduce you to a guy here, he might know something or the someone you're looking for." Robin replied. She then lead them to another corner of the place. "This is Micah, the Gravekeeper of the Dreamflux Reef."

Micah slowly began explaining everything to them. After that, Micah then lead them to another area, a place with a great view on those below it. There was a platform that reached outward, different from the rest.

"These are the monuments I mentioned earlier. You can see their names engraved on them." Micah spoke.

"How come that tablet doesn't have no name carved onto it?" Himeko asked.

Micah explained, "when Dreamflux Reef came to creation, the founder was still alive."

"We meet again, Astral Express family and esteemed guests." Gallagher interrupted their conversation as he stepped forward.

There was another halovian next to Gallagher. It was the one Cale first saw when he arrived in the dreamscape, the one that accompanied Robin.

"Let's leave the siblings privacy for themselves. So, why don't we chat amongst ourselves?" Gallagher suggested.

"Considering how much trouble you went through to gather everyone, you must have something important to say, Mr. Gallagher." Welt concluded.

"You're right, Mr. Yang. I figured it was time to come clean of everything." Gallagher stopped for a moment before revealing the big news. "I am the founder of Dreamflux Reef, the deputy of the Watchmaker and the one who sent you all the invitations."

They stared at him.

"You must all be wondering why I went through the troubles of all this...."

Gallagher explained everything to them, the truth of Penacony, the Family's history.

"So.. everything that's here is the doings of a stellaron?" March 7th asked.

"Precisely." Gallagher replied.

"How can we know where the stellaron is though? It won't be easy." Himeko exclaimed.

Gallagher smirked, "that's why I brought Mr. Sunday, the representative of the Family."

"Then we should quickly go talk with him."

They walked towards Sunday and Robin.

Along the walk, Choi Han whispered inside Cale's ears, "is this really okay to get involved, Cale-nim?"

"Choi Han's right, it could turn into a bigger, unavoidable mess." Rosalyn whispered as well. "If it's a stellaron we're dealing with, it could be on the same level as White Star."

For a moment Cale realized, 'that's right.. why am I following them?' His senses came back to him, perhaps staying inside this "dream" took a toll out of him. "Let's leave."

"Yes, Cale-nim!"

Choi Han and Rosalyn followed behind him.

"Where are you guys going?" Trailblazer asked, noticing the three leaving.

They all turned to him, including Sunday and Robin. Cale's small group also faced towards them.

"We're leaving." Cale said without expression.

"Huh? Why?" March asked.

'Why should I get involved in something that has nothing to do with me?' Cale maintained his face despite his feelings, "there's no need for us to get involved. I'm sure you will do just fine without us either way."

Argenti walked towards Cale, "I will keep on accompanying true Beauty." He placed his hand on top of his heart, smiling dazzling.

"Then I too will." Boothill said, walking towards them too.

"But Cale!!" March whined but didn't persuade any further as she didn't want to expose Dan Heng like that. "But- but!"

"But what?" Cale asked.

"But the people! They're being manipulated by the Family!" March spoke. "Can we really leave them be?! You have to help us, for the people!"

Cale looked blankly at her. "If they really did want to, then they can save themselves. Yet they decided not to, despite knowing everything is nothing but a dream." Cale turned his head back around, ready to go forward again.

"I'm sorry, but that won't do." Sunday interrupted.

"What do you mean?" Cale wore a salty face.

Sunday coughed, "ahem.. I should have been more clear. I apologize. You've gathered the attention of many beings... the Stellaron Hunters, the Garden of Recollection, the Xianzhou Alliance..."

March knew that guy wasn't saying the real reason why. Trailblazer has also gathered their attention! Perhaps many more as well! March was certain that guy was another roadblock in Dan Heng's way now.

Sunday continued, "if we're able to get their help, we would be able to win again the stellaron and the Family. However.. we cannot simply just ask them for their help." He wasn't getting to the point anytime soon.

"So you want me to bait them in?..." Cale asked, a bit flabbergasted.

"Precisely." Sunday smirked. "I also heard that recently the Xianzhou general, Jing Yuan, formed an alliance with you and your people. You must've been given a relic that symbolizes your newly found relationship. It has a different function though, it allows you to temporarily call for help from the Xianzhou anytime you want, although it is a one time use."

They all looked at him, shocked and surprised.

"You want him to call the Xianzhou?!" Dan Heng asked with the same feelings as everyone else.

"Is he talking about that dark-ish teal stone tablet that general Jing Yuan gave Cale before departing?" Rosalyn asked.

"Ah, I remember seeing that too." Choi Han exclaimed.

"It shouldn't be that difficult. All I have to do is use the that tablet to call him, right?" Cale said, "alright." He wanted this mess to finish up quickly so he could actually have his vacation.

"Thank you, you have helped us gravely." Sunday smiled.

"Brother, can I talk to you?.." Robin asked.

The siblings walked over to a corner, far enough for none of the others to hear.

"What's the matter, sister?" Sunday asked.

"Brother.. you... will you.." Robin eyes' wandered away, she bit her lower lip, afraid to say what she wanted to say. "I—I thought you didn't want to stop the Family... so why.. why did you change your mind?" Robin paused. "You said the weak needed a strong leader, and that you.. will be that lone star that guided them. So you decided, to not stop them..."

Sunday's eyes softened. "Robin, my dear sister, perhaps they really aren't weak, they don't need a strong leader to guide them. Perhaps, they choose to be weak, because they are given everything they want from that strong leader." He closed his eyes, "there is no future in that."

"Brother!" Robin looked up at him, a glisten in her eyes, a hope. "Thank you."

"Let's pave a way, for their future."