27. The Party

"What's going on here?" Cale approached the cause of the commotion.

Choi Han.. and the Stellaron Hunters...? Just as Cale thought he was done with them...

"Cale-nim!" Choi Han turned around.

"Just explain what happened, and what are you guys doing here?" Cale remained the same as ever.

Kafka smiled, "can't we visit you from time to time? Since you were in Penacony for such a long time, Bladie and I have missed you, but you must've met Firefly while we were gone."

"You know her?" Cale asked.

Kafka nodded. "I personally recruited her into the Stellaron Hunters after all."

'So she's also a stellaron hunter.' Cale thought, thinking it was ridiculous, and a coincidence, how everyone he met are somehow connected to one another. "Anyways, what's happening? If you were just paying a normal visit, then Choi Han wouldn't get so worked up about this."

"Maybe he's just jealous?" Kafka didn't reveal the truth. "We're just visiting."

"Cale-nim! They're lying!" Choi Han got more aggressive. "I saw them him jumping out of your bedroom window!"

"W.. what...?" Cale was a bit freaked out.

"They must've done something!" Choi Han continued.

Kafka clicked her tongue, but she wasn't visibly angry, she looked more disappointed. "You should've been more careful, Bladie."

Blade just turned away, not wanting to deal with her.

"I'll give you a scolding another time." Kafka switched back to them. "Loook, we're sorry, and we didn't mean any actual harm."

That alone didn't clear Choi Han's suspicion.

"What were your motives then?" Cale asked, also skeptical.

"Our motives? That's a bit difficult, it's a bit.. embarrassing." Kafka chuckled.

Cale's expression didn't change.

Kafka sweated a small bullet nervously, she explained, "we're just carrying out Elio's script."

'Again with this Elio... I guess they won't tell me who they are no matter what.' Cale kept getting more annoyed, at this point he might even act rashly. "Get out."

"Huh?" Kafka was stunned.

"Get out." Cale said more seriously.

"We're getting on with it..!" Kafka scooted her children away from the scene.

Blade looked back, glimpsing at Cale's annoyed expression, he smiled a bit.

Kafka slowed down for a second to process, 'did Bladie just smile..?' She smiled like a proud mother, 'he's finally growing up.'

Back with Cale, Choi Han was frantically asking Cale, "why did you do that, Cale-nim?!" As politely as he could.

Cale ignored him, "I'm tired." That was all he said before leaving to head back inside the mansion.

Choi Han was left with only that single, dim answer to deal with. A tear shedded through hardships fell from his eyes to his cheek, 'please stop worring others, Cale-nim!' He prayed.

Cale suddenly remembered the festival. He turned around, "Choi Han."

"Huh? What is it, Cale-nim?" Choi Han looked up and went towards him. "Do you need something?" He asked politely.

"Jing Yuan invited me to attend the festival happening on the Xianzhou Loufu. Do you want to come? It's a fighting-based event." Cale asked.

"Are you going.. Cale-nim?" Choi Han asked, a bit unsure after what had happened last time. If it was him, he could handle it, but it's a different story for Cale.

"Yes." Cale answered. "The children are also going."

"What about the others?"

"I haven't asked them yet, I was going to."

Choi Han gulped, "alright."

Cale nodded before heading back inside for real.

Choi Han followed behind. "Who are you going to bring with you this time?" He asked, curiously.

"I don't know, I'll ask during dinner." Cale continued walking.

"Is Rosalyn coming along again?" Choi Han began acting like a puppy again.

"I don't think so. She'll probably be busy with the work she left behind in the magic tower." Cale shrugged, thankful he no longer had work.

"What about Alberu?"

"He's busy preparing for his coronation."

"Mary?"

Cale groaned, feeling tired.

Choi Han noticed him shrinking, "are you alright, Cale-nim?!" He panicked.

"I'm fine.."

.
.

Dinner time.

They all gathered at the dining room, sitting down around the table while greeting one another.

"How have you been, Cale?" Taylor asked, sitting down with Cage. "It's been awhile since I last visited, hasn't it?"

"The usual." Cale replied as he sipped on his teacup. "Anyways, I have something to discuss with you all."

"Is it about the festival, human?" Raon asked, already knowing."

"Another festival?" Eruhaben asked. "I heard you got into a lot of trouble from the recent one."

Cale sweated, guilty. "It's safe this time."

Eruhaben looked at Cale obviously, 'you thought that last time as well.' "If you're going to attend, then I'll go as well." Eruhaben volunteered.

"Uhh.. but where are you going, Cale?" Lock asked shyly.

"The Xianzhou Loufu." Cale answered.

"Hm? The Xianzhou Loufu?" Cage asked again. "Can I come?!"

"Sure."

"Are you interested in it, Cage?" Taylor asked. He didn't know Cage would know them.

Cage laughed, "I meet them on the streets, they were holding this strange device but they were nice people, they even shared the leftover liquor they brought with them from the Loufu! So I wanted to visit the Loufu, check out the place and try some of their specialties."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Taylor asked, feeling a bit betrayed.

Cage awkwardly scratched the back of her head, "I guess I forgot, sorry."

"Anyone else wanna come? Jing Yuan said I can bring anyone I want to." Cale asked while cutting the juicy steak on his plate.

No one spoke up, they had their own circumstances anyways.

"Alright, then the kids, me, Choi Han, Eruhaben, and Cage will be going." Cale concluded.

"You're not coming?" Cage asked Taylor. They had always been together wherever they went, so they were used to it.

"No. The Venion estate is quite busy with the crowning of a new king." Taylor declined politely. "But I wish you a good time. Don't forget to bring back a souvenir." Taylor chuckled lively.

"Of course!" Cage smiled brightly, "I'll be back the most expensive and exquisite alcohol!"

Taylor smiled back.

Cale finished eating and got up. "Pack your bags, their spaceships will to pick us up in five days."

"Alright!"

"Alright."