Part 2

"Come on, run faster! Pick up those knees," Coach John shouted, "Two more laps until water break!"

Gasping for oxygen, I dragged myself along for the final lap around the soccer field, and caught my breath on the walk to the water fountain. There was a lineup, and I would have to wait for at least a few minutes before quenching my thirst. Just great.

"I fucking hate running," said a voice behind me. I turned, and standing there was Frank. I smiled.
"Me too." I replied.

He gave me a confused look.

"Who said I was talking to you?" He sneered, and rolled his eyes ever so slightly.
"Oh, um... Sorry," I stuttered, and felt heat rise in my cheeks. He let out a little laugh.
"I'm kidding, I'm kidding," he said with a smile, "I'm not that much of a douche."

I smiled back, glad to hear that he wasn't just another rude snob.

"I don't think we've really met before. My name's Frank. Frank Iero."
"I'm Autumn. Oldstrom." I replied.

"Iero," I thought to myself, "interesting." I had heard his first name during attendance before, but I never caught his last name. I better remember it.

The rest of the day soared by, probably because I spent the whole time just thinking about Frank. Was I falling too quickly? I mean, we had only talked once, and that wasn't even a real conversation. I barely know him and he barely knows me, yet I always find myself thinking about him. He's just so... Alluring.