Part 5

The 3:00 bell rang like music to my ears. I couldn't wait to get home, catch up on some Netflix, go on Tumblr...
Fuck. Detention.

I grabbed my bag and walked down to Mr Garcia's room, where detention was being held. I took a seat near the back, and, being the only one in the room, made myself comfortable. I kicked my feet up on the chair in front of me, pulled out my phone, and started texting Sarah.

"Detention with Garcia -_-"
"Ooooh, what'd u do this time?"
"Late again for history"
"Lol you got mrs t's giant speech?"
"Yeah, my favorite way to start the day"
"Is she even allowed to teach anymore? I think there's an age limit"

I let out a short audible laugh.

"Who're you talking to?" Asked a voice to my left. I smiled and looked up, and there sat Frank, two seats away from me.

"Just a friend," I replied, and quickly said goodbye to Sarah before putting my phone away. I have my priorities.

"I didn't expect to see you here," Frank inquired.
"I didn't expect to be here," I replied. The corners of Frank's mouth lifted ever so slightly.
"What're you in for?" He asked.
"Late for history one too many times," I replied, rolling my eyes, "Mrs Jigglaar is such a bitch."

Frank smiled, as an irritated, raised voice exclaimed, "The disrespecting of teachers will not be permitted in this classroom!"

I looked to the origin of the sound, and there was Mr Garcia, sitting at his desk at the front of the room. How long had he been there for?

Frank rolled his eyes, kicked his feet up onto the seat in front of him and leaned back, obviously trying to look too comfortable. He pulled a pack of gum out of his pocket, offered me some, and took a piece for himself.

Mr Garcia shot us a disapproving glance.

"Hey, Autumn, uh... Can I have your number?" Frank asked with a teasing wink.

Butterflies erupted in my stomach and I felt a bit of heat rising my cheeks.

"Of course," I replied, trying desperately to not show how flustered I was.

I typed my number into his phone, and almost immediately afterwards, I received a text from him. Good thing my phone was on vibrate, or it would've been confiscated immediately. Mr Garcia is really strict, like, Victorian times strict.

"See how annoying we can be to without getting in more trouble"

Frank winked at me, and started to fake a loud fit of melodramatic coughs. After quickly adding him to my contacts, I asked Mr G if I could go get some water. On my way out, I 'accidentally' knocked over a container of pens, and pretended not to notice.

While walking down the hallway, I replied to Frank.

"See how long I can stay out until he gets mad."
"Make that we, I just got excused to 'use the washroom'. Meet me at the left stairwell"

My stomach did another flip. How on earth does he make me so nervous?

I made my way to the left stairwell, taking deep breaths to calm myself. I had the right to be shaky, it's not everyday that a guy like Frank wants to meet you in the stairwell after school hours. I know we were just trolling Mr G, but still...