first day.

I have just arrived to my new school, Duke University. I can already say I'm in love with the place. It smells great, has many people walking around & its just huge. Im not used to a place as big as this. Im from Augusta, GA . Why did I move from Augusta to Durham? Well, because I needed a new start. Most people in Augusta didnt understand me. Im a really closed in person but whenever I do speak, people think I'm harsh, when in all honestly I just tell the truth.So I've kept my mouth shut, never really say anything but I think a lot.
I was carrying my suitcase to my dorm, but the problem is... idk where the dorms are. I completely forgot my tour guide. I end up dropping my purse & everything out of it.
Oh fucking great. Clumsy ass. Then suddenly some person showed up and asked,"You need some help?"
I just nodded my head without looking up. I recognize he was a guy by his hairy legs & big feet. He bent down helping me put all of my chapsticks, pictures, and other pointless stuff in my purse. Once everything I saw was picked up, I stepped backwards looking around seeing if that was all and then I tripped on my suitcase and fell back landing right on my ass.
Great, Fucking Great.
The guy came over with a serious look on his face as other people around us laughed. He helped me up and asked,"You iight?"
"Yea, I'm fine. "
I looked up to thank him but I froze. He was sooo .... gorgeous, his hair.. just everything . But I shook out of my trance and said,"uhh.. umm th.. thanks."
He chuckled,"Welcome, need help with ya bags?"
"No Im okay, thank you thou, you've done enough thanks." I smiled a toothless smile at him because I hate showing my braces.
He licked his lips and said,"You're very welcome ... " I noticed he's trying to figure out my name.
"Zaya."
"Zaya, thats a beautiful name for a beautiful girl."
"Whats your name?"
He laughed but then realized I was serious.
"Uh, thats something you have to find out on your own." With that, he turned around, put his headphones in, and walked away. Left me cheesing like an idiot.
But I still didn't know where the dorms are. This is fucking amazing.
••••
"Hey!! You must be Zaya, I'm Lila, you're very pretty.. but I chose my bed," she pointed to the bed on the left, " is that okay?" I nodded & walked over to my bed , sitting my suitcase down. I started unpacking.
"Well, how's your first day at Duke so far?"
"Its okay. " I could tell she's trying to make conversation but I don't know what to say.
"Well that's uh good ig. Have you- "
I cut her off by saying," Actually it's horrible so far, I was lost, forgot my tour guide, dropping everything, and tripped over this damn suitcase landing right on my ass. So how's your day going?"

She looked at me with wide eyes , after a good 10 seconds, she cleared her throat and said," Well, how about we go walk around, see what Duke's about, and get to know each other."
She smiled at me.
"Fine, let's go."
••••
We've been walking around, talking & checking out the clubs for about 2 hours. We still had to unpack, so we started walking back to the girls' dorm. Until I bumped into someone.
"Oh I'm sorry."
"Its cool," he turned around and said. It was a lightskin guy with freckles. He was really cute. But he seemed to noticed Lila and started smiling at her. Lila was a beauty. She was dark skin  with a slim body, light brown eyes that shines bright in the sun. They started talking and stuff so I just stood there on my phone, but my feet got tired so once I was getting ready to walk to the dorm a familiar voice said," TJ!" I turned around, seeing the guy that Lila was talking to turned around.
"Whatchu want?"
"Mane we need to -- " His eyes landed on me and he smiled. I flushed, his smile is everything. Ohh my godd.
He walked over to where I was, licking his lips, he said,"Hello Zaya."
I smiled, looked down, and started biting my lip . "H.. he.. hey." He lifted my chin up and said," I'm up here."
"Sorry," I said nervously.
He laughed.
I giggled,"Whats so funny?"
"You are, you're so shy."
"Sorry. "
He chuckled," Stop apologizing."
"Sor... I mean okay."
"Can I call you tonight?"
"Uh, well, if you could find my number, why not."
He laughed," Can I get your number Zaya?"
I held my hand out & he did the lock & gave me the phone. I noticed the background was just a letter Q. I saved my number and gave back the phone.
"Q, short for?"
"You'll find out later."
Q walked away & TJ went with him.
Great. I'm going to be on the phone with a person I don't even know the name of.

-------------------------------------------
First Chapter, What do you think?
Comment & vote.<< For everyone who reads this.