how did you know?

Zaya
2 weeks later

I just left the hospital because my STD reports came back. Luckily, I didn't have any. This is very confusing to me. Why would Travis ...... Rape me? I hate thinking about it. Everynight I close my eyes I have this nightmare. I could just feel his hand covering my face like he's smothering me or something. I hear myself screaming, and then suddenly I stop and thats when I wake up. Its taunting me. I cry everynight. I've been staying with Quinn because he's the only person I feel safe with.

But I can't stop thinking about that night. Keeps replaying in my head. Quinn tried to tell me. But if he'd known why didn't he come back that night? He could've saved me but he left me there.

Ugh, I need to stop blaming this on him. This is Travis's fault. He hurt me. Not Quinn. Quinn helped and is helping me through this whole process. But I'm still curious about how'd he known.

When I pull up into the apartment complex parking lot where Quinn lives, I see the detectives' car.I walked in, the two detectives that's on my case looked at me and gave me a smile.

"Whats goin' on? Did you find Travis?" I asked. I sat Quinn's keys down and when he heard my voice he came from out of the kitchen.

Detective Roberts said,"No, but we have a lead on him. We found out that the Travis Wilkins killed himself before school even started, they had him enrolled already. And the guy that sexually assaulted you has been playing as him, we think he's been following you for a while. His real name is Jabori Richard. He's been charged with rape before but the girl dropped the charges so we have his DNA in the system."

"I dont know a Jabori Richard.How'd you find all that out?"

"We found his skin cells on your pillows and we uh....Found his semen in your rape kit."

"What?"

Oh no.

"That means... " The other detective, Detective Sanchez, finished my sentence by saying...

"You're pregnant."