Chapter 52

Kristen's POV

"Can you just shut up for once?" Brandon yells at me. "Why? I'm allowed to have an opinion!" I yell back. "Well it seems like you don't even care about me any more it's all about Antti!" he screams. "Well I'm sorry! It's not like he was one of my best friends or anything!" I yell. "So what?" Brandon yells. "He was just fucking traded to New York! He was one of my best friends. I told him everything and he told me everything! How am I not supposed to be upset about this?" I yell. "Plus right now he's back in Finland and he's so upset and there's nothing I can do for him right now!" "Well how do you know he's upset?" "Because we have these amazing things called phones Brandon. He called me literally the second he found out and he was practically in tears!" I yell. "Oh so you talk to him but not me!" "Brandon he needed me! Anna wasn't there at the time she was with family somewhere else and he had no one else to go to! Why are you so upset over this?" "Well I'm a free agent now so I could get traded but you don't seem to care!" Brandon yells. "I am worried Brandon. It scares the hell out of me but it makes it easier because Stan wants to resign you! We all knew either Scott or Antti were on their way out and it most likely wasn't gonna be Scott and it's hard because Antti and I are close," I yell. "Whatever," Brandon spats sitting on the couch.

I really don't know why but Brandon and I have been arguing a lot lately. It's over the stupidest things sometimes too. I don't know I feel like we're going to break up. It's hard now especially that the seasons over and he's a free agent.

I take a deep breath and sit in a chair across from Brandon. Neither of us say anything. We sit in silence staring at the ground. "I'm sorry Kristen. I over reacted. Im sorry for being such an jerk lately. I guess I'm just stressed out. I just want to be resigned but I don't know what's going to happen." Then his phone starts to ring. "Crap that's my agent. Hold on I'll be right back," he says leaving the room.

My heart starts to race. I'm praying that his agent is telling him he's being resigned.

"Ok bye," I hear Brandon say before hanging up the phone. He walks back into the room and sits down. "Brandon?" I say quietly standing up and walking over and sitting next to him. He says nothing. He stares at the ground almost like he's in shock. "Are you ok?" I ask getting nervous. I feel like I know what's going on. Tears start to well up in my eyes. "I've been traded," he says. "What?!" I scream in shock. "You're lying! You're just prancing me!" I yell in disbelief. Tears start streaming down my face. "I wish I was," Brandon says burying his face in his hands. "What do you mean? Where are you going?" "Columbus." "Wh..." I can't even finish my sentence.

I sit there and hug Brandon and try to comfort him. My phones buzzes. My Blackhawks app confirms what has happened.

"Kristen I don't want to be mean or rude but could you leave? I just want to be alone right now," he says quietly. I nod. "Yeah no problem."

I walk out to my car and open the door. In get in my car and just sit there shocked. I can't believe it. I drive home listening to the radio. As soon as I get home Kris starts questions me. "Hey I heard about Brandon. Are you ok?" he asks. I nod. "Yeah I'm fine," I say weakly, tears threatening to spill out. My brother walks over and hugs me. "It's ok," he says quietly.

The next day I go back over to Brandon's. We talk for a while and I help him pack up some of his stuff. He's going back to Pittsburg for the summer especially since we just won the cup, but then after I guess he has to go to Columbus. "Brandon what are we going to do about us?" I ask. He stays silent. "I really don't know," he finally says. "They have me singing a six-year deal." "Should we just break up?" I ask. "I mean that's six years and you might sign another contract after that with them or a different team plus from what I hear long distance relationships are hard. Plus that gives us a chance to see other people." "Yeah I guess you're right," Brandon says. "Plus you know what they say," he adds. "What?" I say fighting back tears. "If you love someone let them go, and if they come back it's meant to be, if they don't it's not." "Yeah that's true," I say."So I guess we're broken up," he says. "Yeah I guess so."

Brandon and I both stay silent staring at the ground. "I'm gonna miss you so much," I say hugging him breaking the silence. "I'm gonna miss you too," he says before kissing me.

A few days later Brandon leaves. It's one of the hardest things im ever had to do. "Do you have to go," I ask in tears hugging him. "Yeah," he says weakly hugging me back. "I'm going to miss you," I say. "I'm going to miss you too but hey look on the bright side," he says looking into my eyes. "We play each other really early into the season so maybe we'll see each other then."

We stand there hugging for a minute. "Well I should probably go or I'm going to miss my flight," he says. "Thanks for driving me to the airport." "No problem," I say. He kisses me one last time. "Bye Kristen. I love you," he says. "I love you too," I tell him before he walks away.

A/N well that's it for this chapter...