Chapter 17

Kristen's POV

Standing in front of me were my parents. I stood there shocked still holding Brandon's hand. My dad noticed and gave us a dirty look. Typical. "Who is this Kristen?" he scoffs. a swallowed. "Mom. Dad. This is my boyfriend Brandon Saad," "Ok yeah no. your not having a boyfriend. Kris I can't believe you allowed this," my mom says. "Well I did. Plus I trust Brandon. He's one of my teammates remember?" Kris snaps. "Well we know that but still, NO BOYFRIEND!" my dad continues. I feel the tears start. "Dad just stop. She's 21 now. She's old enough to make her own decisions now. Plus she's living under my roof now so technically I'm in charge of her if needed. And did I mention Brandon makes her really happy. "Kris says. "And frankly I don't care Kris," he shouts. the argument kept going on and on. I was standing there with Brandon and realized Corey was standing off to the side awkwardly. He smiles and waves. I just laugh. Then the fight started getting really bad. Then I started getting yelled at again by my parents. I just lost it.

"DAD IM 21 YEARS OLD! I CAN DO WHAT I WANT. IM NOT A FREAKING BABY ANY MORE. YOU CANT CONTROL ME! I CAN DATE WHO I WANT! PLUS WHY IS THIS SUCH A BIG DEAL? IF THIS HAPPENED TO KRIS YOU WOULDNT GIVE A CRAP! BUT SINCE ITS ME THERES A HUGE PROBLEM CUZ YOU DONT CARE ABOUT ME! IF I DOED YOU WOULDNT GIVE A SHIT!JUST BECAUSE YOU DIDNT WANT ME DOESNT MEAN ANYTHING! IM STILL A PERSON! I STILL MATTER! IM SICK AND TIRED OF LIVING IN KRIS'S SHADOW!"

My parents remained silent for a while. "It's true. you guys never cared about Kirsten," Kris chimes in. "Honey we would care if you died and we care about you," my mom says. "Oh really? Then why didn't you care when she tried to commit suicide?" Kris asked. Again my parents were silent. Then my dad checked the time. "Oh we should get going we're gonna miss our flight," he says. And with that they left leaving us dumbfounded. "Wow," Corey finally says. "You weren't kidding when you said they liked Kris more." "Well that's defiantly not the way I thought I'd meet you parents," Brandon says.

Brandon's POV

Her parents were at the door. There was a lot of bickering about us dating and stuff. it was really interesting.