Chapter 3

"Just like our first kiss" I thought as I let myself fall asleep.

...

It was snowing outside surprisingly and we barely made it into the dojo without getting covered in a layer of snow.

"Yo! What the swag is that white stuff?" Jerry said half scared.

"It's called snow, Jerry and based on the phy-"Milton said before I cut him off

"It rarely snows around here so just let us enjoy it" I cut Milton off

"Exactly my point, it RARELY snows so-"

"I don't think you do" I whispered and then I heard Kim giggle.

I think I blushed when she did that. Man I wish we were dating. But I have been in the friend zone for a long time. I have wanted to make a bold choice and get out of it but I don't know what would happen if I did.

...

"Jerry, gimme that phone!" Rudy shouted "we are in practice!"

...

Once practice was over everybody left except me and Kim to get some extra time in. We were punching and kicking two of the dummies in the room when everything went dark. I looked at Kim and she gave me a confused look.

"I think the power went out" Kim said as she turned her body to face me.

"We should probably go home then" I said as we picked up our stuff and walked toward the door.

I tried to open the door but it wouldn't budge, it was locked..!

"I'm guessing the door locks itself when there isn't power" I said simply

"So we are stuck in here until Rudy comes tomorrow and it's gonna be freezing in here soon!" Kim ranted.

"Kim, everything is going to be fine" I said to calm her down, and it worked.

"Okay, so now what?" she asked calmly

"I guess we figure out how we are going to sleep and keep ourselves warm" I suggested.

"Well there are a pile of mats we could lay on" Kim said while pointing to the pile.

"I guess we could put our gi's on over our clothes to keep warm" I pointed out.

Kim pulled out both of our gi's while I grabbed two mats from the pile and sat them down next to each other. Kim put on her gi and handed me mine.

"Thanks" I mumbled, because I was cold.

We both laid down on the mats I set up after I put mine on and tried to keep warm. I noticed Kim shivering so I kept the pants part of the gi on and took off the other half and wrapped it around Kim like it was a blanket. This could work with making my way out of the friend zone, being extra nice and sweet since I know she likes that.

"Jack you must be freezing" Kim refused.

"Kim, I'll be fine. I want you to be warm" I insisted.

"I'm going to be cold either way" she said.

"Kim, if one of us is going to be warm I want it to be you" I insisted again. She was not going to win this.

She gave in knowing I wasn't taking no as an answer. She let me wrap my gi around her and we'd just see how things were after that.

Kim still looked cold to me so when I thought she was asleep I wrapped my own arms around her. After a little bit of watching her sleep peacefully, she looks so cute, I leaned closer to kiss her cheek but she turned at that same second and we kissed. I panicked and hoped she wouldn't wake up. I kept my arms around her so she didn't wake up and eventually I fell asleep. I woke up later to the lights on and Kim holding me