Chapter 8

Sloane's pov

There he is, with her. I guess I should have known. But I was hoping it wouldn't be like this.

I took one last look at him before I mumbled "I'll be back" and got up and left the cafeteria. Leaving the rest of the gang probably confused and looking at each other.

I walked out and to the bench connected to the wall in the main hallway and sat down, I don't know why I'm out here. I guess I just didn't want to be in there.

But maybe I'm overreacting, maybe it was nothing and I'm just making it into something.

"Hey, Sloane, are you okay," Brody said worried, "I saw you walk out"

"Yeah, why would anything be wrong?" I tried to ask casually.

"I had a feeling.." He said quietly.

Then he sat down next to me.

"You're a confusing person to figure out" I said without thinking.

"So you are thinking about me" he said with a smirk.

"Trying to figure out if you are a person I can trust" I said this time thinking about it first.

"Well I did stop Lindsay from trying to hit you" he pointed out, did he want me to trust him? To like him?

"I could have easily taken her down" I chucked at the thought of her on the ground angrily.

"I know" he smiled.

What was so different in this moment? I was just feeling..jealous.. or something and now he's here just simply talking to me and everything is right.

He really is confusing to follow. But that may not be a bad thing.

I came into the hall to clear my head of thought of him and now I'm here with him.

"I don't know what you have heard about me but I am sorry about everything about Kim in the past. I'm not proud of it"

It did sound sincere.

I think Jerry is right, people would think I'm crazy to think that. Maybe Brody really does want to join. Maybe he really does want everyone's forgiveness.

"What?" He asked.

I just realized that I was looking at him.

"Nothing" I said quickly looking away, "It's not me you have to convince"

"I already know that Jack won't forgive me, I wanted you to believe me" He said keeping his eyes locked on me.

"But why would it matter if I believed you?" I asked not daring face him. But I could still feel myself trying to look at him. Like something in me wanted to look at him.

He didn't answer, he just looked away. Which made me look at him. And then he looked back at me so we were looking at each other, I swear he did that on purpose.

I saw this sparkle in his eye and then he slowly started to lean in, looking for a sign if I wanted to or not.

But I didn't feel myself wanting him to stop..

We were about to kiss when we heard a slam coming from the lockers across the hall, which made me jump and I found myself further away from Brody.

I didn't see who made the slamming sound on the lockers but by the way that person got out of sight really fast before we could see who it was, made me think that they were watching us and didn't want us to see them.