Chapter 10

"But what about Jack?"

"I wouldn't worry much about Jack anymore, just don't get on his bad side. We were all talking and he said he would forgive you. But Brody, you have to quit the Black Dragons before this whole thing goes way too far"

"Done, but can you please talk to Rudy about me joining?" He asked, still smiling again after I said that Jack would forgive him. I truly don't know how this is working out so nicely, really didn't expect that.

...

"Rudy!" I said running into the dojo, almost tripping over myself when Kim ran over to catch me if she had to.

He came out of his office, "what?"

"Can I talk to you in private?" I asked, awkwardly, I know the gang knows about Brody and stuff but I would still feel weird them hearing this.

He nodded and I grabbed Kim's hand and dragged her in there with me.

"I thought you said you wanted this to be private" Rudy said, a little confused.

"I did" still holding onto Kim's hand. Kim just nodded at Rudy that everything is fine.

"Alright, then what did you want to talk about?" He asked, looking at both Kim and I.

"So, how would you feel about Brody joining the dojo?" I asked, fiddling with my hands.

He looked at Kim, "That would be alright"

~~ Brody's pov ~~

I talked to Ty after Sloane left to talk to Rudy and he really really wasn't happy with me, but I understand, after me agreeing to sabotage the "enemy" and then joining the "enemy". In his perspective it is a shitty and messed up thing to do, excuse my language. In my perspective, I am rejoining good people with a girl I like who has a pure heart, as far as I know. I've seen nothing but good from Sloane so it is an acceptable assumption. 

There was a lot of yelling in the dojo, so once I said what needed to be said, I walked out hoping that would be the last time I would set foot in there. I can't think of a reason that I used to think they all were appealing. After opening my eyes I don't know how I even tolerated them, especially Frank and Ty. 

My phone went off and I had a text from Sloane saying to meet her at the fountain. So since I was already near there it was very quick. I saw her put her phone in her back pocket as she got over to the fountain, she had walked from the dojo and somehow I beat her here.

I was going to think maybe something was wrong but then I saw a smile on her face. She just smiled and I said, "what?"

Sloane put her hands on my arm and said, "You can join the dojo! I talked to everybody"

I wanted to kiss her but I didn't know if I should, so I didn't. I just smiled instead and then we both walked over to the dojo. I don't know how things are working out like this.

As we walked in, I saw Rudy moving some of the mats and everyone just talking.

"Jack, I-" I started"

"I know" he interrupted, giving me a small smile and nod. I'm guessing it wasn't his first choice to have me join but I'm glad he is finally giving me a chance. I was never that bad guy he thought I was. But I get it, he liked Kim at the time and was over protective. Honestly, I'd be the same way if someone liked Sloane. In the moment, it's just what would happen.

"Alright," Rudy said, as he got all the mats in the place he wanted.

"Brody, we all know that you are a black belt, but I'm not going to give you a Bobby Wasabi black belt right away. I'm going to give you a white belt. Because it is just a belt for now, you know your skill level"