Chapter 9

"-..What?"

I turned around to see Sloane.. oh no no no.

"Sloane" I said with panic in my voice. She wasn't supposed to hear that, she won't understand why I said those things.

She looked me in the eye and walked away. No!

"You didn't see her? Oopsie?" Frank shrugged his shoulders and also walked away but in the other direction.

This can't be happening.

"Sloane!" I said rushing after her. I grabbed her arm and spun her around. She wasn't crying but she looked hurt.

"What?!"

"I swear it wasn't what it looked like" I pleaded.

"Then what was it?" She said putting her hand on her waist.

"I was only saying those things to get Frank off my back" I said reaching for her hand, but she sighed and pulled her hand away.

"But why would you have to get him off your back?" She asked.

"It's hard to explain, but you have to believe me that it wasn't how it seemed" I pleaded, looking straight into her eyes.

"And why should I believe you?" She asked trying to lose eye contact, but I wouldn't let that happen.

I sighed, "because you don't have to, but I want you to just let me explain. You'll understand"

"Fine" she said quietly, finally looking at me for a second.

"Ty wants me to make sure that you aren't good are karate. He doesn't know it's you because I never told him. I only said that a girl joined. Frank was bothering me about this making sure I was still doing the plan. And I'm not but I had to make him think I was"

"But why didn't you just quit the Black Dragons?" she said interrupting me.

That got to me. Why was I even doing this?

Then after I didn't say anything, she started walking away. No!

"Sloane!" I said chasing after her and turning her around by her arm. She had tears forming in her eyes. All of this happening in the matter of seconds, I put my hands on either side of her face and pulled her closer into a kiss. I pulled away and let my hands fall around her waist, she wasn't trying to leave, which was a good sign.

"You know I like you" I said, getting her to look at me, her still being in my arms. But still not saying anything.

We stood there for who knows how long not saying anything, just there.

...

~Kim's pov~

"Sloane! Wait, what happened?" I asked as she was walking toward the doors of the dojo.

She sighed, "not much happened"

"Sloane, you can talk to me, you have seemed different ever since" she said referring to it.

"It was all confusing. He is confusing" Sloane said, turning to me this time. 

"Sloane, please, please just talk to me. I want to be there for you" My desperation turning into a whisper. 

"We kissed, but I don't know what else to say" I could tell that's true. 

"Well, do you like him?" I asked. 

"I don't know, I think?" She asked herself. 

~The next day~ ~Sloane's pov~

I was so nervous from thinking about what happened with Brody to think about where I was walking. And with my luck, I bumped into Brody. I was hoping this wouldn't happen, but another part of me wanted to. 

"I'm sorry, Sloane" Brody said smiling when he saw me. Everything felt so slow, and I felt warm. His hands were softly laying on my arms. 

I still don't know how to feel about this. I want to like him, and maybe I do, but I can't get what he said about me to Frank, even if it was a lie. It still hurt. But then there was also the kiss, I hate to admit that I liked it. But if he is a part of the Black Dragons I can't like him, if he is, I won't. It would be wrong, we are rival dojo's. I heard that when Jack first joined our dojo that he was "forbidden" from even entering the Black Dragons, and that when Milton liked a girl from the Black Dragons that it didn't work out very well, not between him and her but between sensei's. Life may have been easier if I never met Brody. 

"We should talk" I said, we do need to. I am going to need to know how he feels about me, and how things stand. But I don't know how to start. 

"Brody, its just that first you said that you were only talking to me to get me on your side, and then you kissed me, this whole thing is just confusing me and I don't know how to feel about any of this" I rambled, still not knowing exactly what to say, even after I said it. 

"Well, from the beginning, Ty wanted me to help shut down your dojo. I didn't think too much of it, I wasn't getting anything out of it either. He was my sensei so when he asked me to do something, I did it. I told him I couldn't do it with Jack around so he just wanted me to make sure you guys didn't get any new, good students. That's when I saw you, and then met you. Since then, I haven't been doing Ty's so called 'plan'. I swear I wouldn't mess with someone's feelings like what it looked like I was doing to you. I don't really like any of the Black Dragons but I still want to do karate. So I guess that's why I haven't quit the Black Dragons" Brody explained, sort of sounding defeated. 

"What if you joined my dojo?" I asked, if he agrees, then maybe he actually likes me. 

"How would I do that?" He asked, "with both Jack and Kim against me it's like you would be the only one who's not" 

"Well because of me Kim isn't against you anymore" I smiled. If she didn't see anything between Brody and I then she may still be. 

"Because of you?" He said confused. 

"She seems to think there's something going on between us so as my friend she has forgiven you for what happened a long time ago" 

"Do you think there's something going on between us?" He asked, with a slight grin/slight smirk. Full smile. 

I blushed. 

"Well we did kiss"

"This is true, you know, if Kim thinks there's something going on between us why don't we make it true?" Brody smirked, I smiled and blushed. Mostly blushed. He took advantage of my distraction from the conversation to lean in closer and kiss me for the second time. Then I leaned my head against this chest. 

"But what about Jack?"

////////

EEEEEEEP. The ending to this chapter omg I couldn't stop smiling. 

BUt seriously comment about the ending lol :]