Chapter 3

I had finally arrived to my destination about 8 hours laters. Stopping once or twice to do the necessary things, bathroom, gas, and food. I was staying in a small lowkey motel for the time being so I didn't bring any attention to myself. I was in a very small town in southern Pennsylvania.

When I say small, I mean small. About 600-800 people and a bunch of woods. The perfect place to have a huge pack of wolves. I'll give it to Lucian, his area was great. My wolf was jumping for joy to run out into the forest, but unfortunatly I couldn't go without getting discovered.

My scent covering spray would only work in my human form, so for now I had to stick to it. Once I got myself checked in and brought my bags into the room, the first thing I knew I had to do was call Damien. I didn't want to hear him lecture me on the importance of checking in to make everyone know that I'm okay. 

It rang once and I heard his deep voice speak on the other end. "I assume you arrived safe and sound?" He asked. "What I don't get a hello?" I joked and I heard him sigh. "Hello Sinny..." He mumbled and I smiled. "That's better. Yes I have arrived safe and sound, make sure to let everyone know. I'm going to head to bed early and begin the scoutting tomorrow because I am beat from all that driving." I heard him clear his throat.

"Alright, I want a call tomorrow to check in." I rolled my eye's. "Yeah okay dad, this isn't my first mission might I add. I am and will be fine Damien. I told you if I need help then you will be the first one I come too. Now relax." I stressed. "Fine, but you better be careful baby, I fuckin' mean it." He said in a gruff voice.

"Yeah yeah yeah.." I said in annoyance. "I am serious, I will blink there if I have to. Do not tempt me. You will be lucky if I don't do it anyway." He explained. Blinking is basically a demon's form of transportation. They are the only one's that we know that can do it. Vampires can move extremely fast, faster then us, if they are well fed and demon's blink. 

Lucky bastards, it would of saved me a bundle in gas.

"Don't blink, you will blow my cover. They will smell you instantly, it is a small ass town Damien, don't be stupid." I argued. "Then don't give me a reason to Sindra!" I hissed at that. I hated when people called me my full time.

"I am hanging up now before I get very pissed off at you and end up chopping your nuts off when I see you next." With that I hung up. He needed to stop acting like my boyfriend because it was getting a bit too much for me to handle. I wasn't one for the commitment and he was proving my train of thought right.

I decided to jump right in a hot shower and go right to bed. I'll save the unpacking for tomorrow too.

-------

I woke up feeling refreshed and ready for the day. I knew I would have to go out into the small town and get information without looking suspicious. I was on a powerful alpha's turff now, I had to be smart. I got dressed into some average dark jeans and a black tank top. I threw my long black hair into a pony and applied my scent covering spray.

I sat on the bed and opened up the file I had on my target. Lucian Sanders, Alpha of the Eclipse pack, 25 years old, unmated. Interesting, I assumed he would of been mated to be as strong as he is. Being a mated wolf puts you at your strongest and most powerful. It unlocks everything that has been hidden in your wolf.