Chapter 5

We took a nice long walk down the main strip of town. He would occasionally point to building and tell me about them and who worked there. He was nice for a big bad Alpha, which surprised me. I usually only met the kind that thought they were invincible, well until I ended them.

His scent drove me nuts though, I had to admit. I could hear my wolf talking and screaming for me to mate and I hated letting her down, but shit happens. If I lost her, then it was meant to be, but I wouldn't let that change my life. I would still be what I am, that would never change.

"So have you lived here all your life? I noticed everyone seems to notice you and wave." I asked him, as we continued our walk. He smiled widely at me. "All my life, born and raised, so yeah everyone knows me. My father was basically the 'mayor' so to speak." He said, using air quotes around the word mayor. I snickered inwardly. Yeah a mayor, right.

I nodded. "Well that's cool. It must be nice living in such a small town where everyone knows your name." I smiled back at him and he nodded. I personally would hate it, I didn't like it when people recognized me and believe me, it has happened. They just wanted to kill me because I hurt their loved ones. Revenge is sweet and all that.

They never got the chance to touch me though. 

"So where are you staying while your visiting?" He asked. "Oh this little motel down that way a-ways. Not the coolest place to crash, but it's better then sleeping in my car or falling asleep at the wheel if I kept on driving." He seemed to have frowned at my words and I wondered why.

"Well, what are you doing for dinner tonight?" He said and I inwardly smirked. This was working perfectly, I couldn't of made the plan come together better then it was. "I was probely going to stop at a food store and pick up something to pop into the microwave. Not many fast food joints around." I chuckled at the end of my sentance, he joined in. 

"Yeah, thats one thing we definatly don't have around here, we all like to eat pretty healthy." I nodded, of course they did, it's how us wolves were. We didn't like junk food, it made us sluggish.

He cleared his throat and started to rub the back of his neck, almost as if he was nervous to say something. That seemed funny to me, not something you would expect from such a powerful Alpha. "How would you like to come over to the p-, err, house for dinner tonight. I have to worn you though, I have a big family and we all live together." He asked and I smiled.

I caught him staring into my eyes, and I got a twinge of nervousness. Where the contacts not working? Did I have silver on me if I needed it? Of course, I always kept a blade on me. I ended my mental rambling, when I heard him mutter something under his breath.

He though I wasn't able to hear him, but I could. I had exceptional senses, as equal or better then his. The words made me shiver slightly and become more aware of exactly I was getting myself into and to be even more careful. "I hope this girl is my mate, it feels so damn right."

------

After agreeing to dinner,despite what I heard him mutter, we pulled up to a very large house, that was settled in the middle of the woods about 40 minutes later. People were running around outside and looked to be having the time of their lives. I opened the door to his black F-150 and got out, closing the door lightly.