1♧ Questioning mental abilities

♤ Alice's POV ♧

17

7

7

7

7

17

"ALICE!" I jumped at the sound of Mr. Rant's frustrated voice. Did I space again?

Me. Rant is one of those teachers that think you either know everything or nothing. I like to call him a more colorful name. Which shall not be mentioned.

I looked up from my desk to see my notebook covered in the numbers: 7, 7 and 17. Ever inch of the page was covered in my scribbled handwriting.

I sighed.

I know most people would be questioning their mental health, but this was normal. For me.

"Yes, Mr. Rant?" I asked, looking up as I tried to dismiss my thoughts.

His face was so red I swear I saw his eye twitch. He took deep breaths and I saw Liz chuckle.

Liz is my best friend. She calls us the wonder twins, but most people call us creeper 1# and creeper 2#. She spaces out and I have... well.... break downs... not tantrums, break downs. I write down numbers unconsciously.

Mental, I know.

"When was the American revolution?" He asked.

I bit my lip and the numbers I wrote came to mind. It's not that I don't study in fact I'm known as I quite a nerd. It's that I couldn't bring myself to put down my book last night.

"1777?" I said, making it sound more like a question.

He rolled his eyes. He was probably hoping he could make a witty comment.

"Eyes on the board, please," He muttered.

I slowly looked back at my textbook. That was extremely scary.

The bell rang and I ran outside. I threw my text book in the trash and tossed the pencil some where. I never wanted to see those again after that.

"Ow!" Someone exclaimed.

I turned to see Liz's brother, Noah. A.K.A the school Hottie. Can you blame me for liking him? No, there is no shame. Can you blame me for having a break down in history and throwing a pencil at him? Yes.

'Crap' I mouthed. I ran into the hallway.

Noah looked around before shrugging and walking to his next class.

I sighed in relief and started to walk away. My shoe was stuck to something.

What in hades? I thought.

I looked down and found my shoe stuck to some gum, immobilising me. I rolled my eyes.

As I bent down to pull my foot out of the gooey substance, when I saw a trail of something... something red? I could hardly make it out through the shadows.

That unmistakable liquid....

Blood.

"Are you ok?" I hear someone say. It sounds far away.

I turned around and saw an extremely good looking guy. I remembered that I was standing in blood and gum.

I snapped my head back to the mess and.... it wasn't there.

I'm a crazy, disturbed bugger.

"Umm... wasn't there. Uh, you know what? Nevermind." I mumbled.

"Are you new?" I asked. I that he couldn't have been here long. I wouldn't heard about him.

He seemed stunned when I turned around. He composed himself and smirked.

I'm pretty sure I'm melting.

"No, just stopping by to see an old friend," He said.

"Oh, well I'm Alice." I said.

"Kol." He said kissing my hand.

My eyes widened and my brain felt over weldmed. My brain ached and I groaned.

I fell over and he caught me.

"Alice, you alright?" He asked.

22

17

9

22, 17, 9

22179221792217922179

22
17
9

Those three numbers invaded my brain. I grip his wrist and took out a marker. I need to end the pain.

22 17 9 I wrote on his hand.

He raised his eyebrows and I blacked out.