Chapter 6

Petalpaw stalked the bird. This was her assessment, and she wasn't going to miss it this time. She leaped. She landed squarely on the brown feathered animal's back and gave it the killing bite. She triumphantly dropped it at Hawktalon's paws. Petalpaw had grown into a nice young she cat. Her tail flicked. "You passed" Hawktalon purred. He came close, his face right in her's. "We can finally have what we always wanted. A family. To grow old together, I may even make you my deputy when I become leader" he whispered. He was right, the whole clan knew she had loved him since she was a kit, but now that it could actually happen... She wasn't so sure she wanted it. She backed away and turned toward camp. "We have to hurry, don't wanna miss my own ceremony" she forced a laugh.

•••
"From this moment forward, you shall be known as Petalcloud! Starclan thanks you for your bravery"
"Petalcloud! Petalcloud!"
Petalcloud listened to her clan mates call her name.
"Lakewhisker Lakewhisker!"
She looked over at the other new warrior. He looked excited yet mature. Lakewhisker caught her gaze and flashed her a smile. That was when she realized she didn't want Hawktalon. She wanted love.

Sorry this is so short. I ended it early because I wanted to end it on good terms. Keep reading and follow me for more books once this one is done!