Chapter 1

"Wake up!"

Petalkit flinched, the voice was loud. She squeaked as a paw jabbed her side, "wake up you lazy slug!"

She whimpered, waiting for her mother, Robinwing, to interfere. But it didn't come. Petalkit blinked open her eyes, "what is it Nightkit?" She whimpered.

"I wanna play!"

"I wanna sleep"

"Oh come on!" Nightkit mewed cuffing her ear.

"Ok" Petalkit meowed, fully awake now, "race ya to the fresh kill pile!" She dashed off, not really sure where the fresh kill pile is. She slid out her paw to stop, but ended up slipping in a bracken wall. Huh? She thought .

"Can I help you?" A gruff voice sounded beside her.

"Um.. I..." She stammered, slowly turning around.

"The new kit I see" the voice belonged to a large tom, "and uh, what is your name?"

"P-p-p..."

"Come on, spit in out"

"Petalkit...."

"What a lovely name" the tom meowed, "I'm Hawktalon"

Hawktalon she thought, so.. Strong...

"Are you the deputy?" She asked, her eyes wide. The tom just walked away, laughing.

"When will everyone learn I'm a kit! Not a mouse brain!" She yowled angerly.

"Watch out!" Petalkit turned her head as a new kit bounced into view.

She yelped as the kit bowled her over, both if them tumbling into the small river. She gasped and spluttered as she struggled to keep her head above the water, "help!" She yowled as her head went under. She opened her mouth for another yowl for help, but her mouth was instantly filled with muddy water. She coughed and stopped fighting, letting the current carry her away. Her lungs stung, her eyes filled with dirty water. Petalkit forced her eyes open, a dark shape floated toward her, she feebly kicked, desperate to get out of the way. She yelped as the shape reached out a branch, no, it was a paw, this was a cat swimming toward her, even more dangerous. She yowled for help, water gushing down her throat, her vision was overrun with darkness. Petalkit saw another cat, this one bigger, an red. The russet tom thrashed around, his body covered in scars. Then he slipped beneath the surface. She started to swim down to help him, but the cat reached her and pulled her up, away from the injured tom. Starclan help him! She prayed as she was pulled to the surface. Petalkit took in a big breath as she reached the top, she started to whimper but a stream of water gushed from her mouth. Who saved me? She looked up, Hawktalon!

"You have to help him!" She gasped.

"Help who?" Hawktalon asked, setting her down, "Lakekit? He grabbed onto a reed, he's fine"

"No! The other russet tom down there!"

"There was no one else in the water"

"Yes there was! He was covered in wounds! He needs help!"

"Petalkit" he firmly growled, "it was only you and me down there, and Robinflight was herbs ready for you"

"But there was..." She whimpered as she was carried away, she peeked around the corner, looking for the mysterious tom.

Hey guys, sorry this tool so long to publish. I've been sick for the last few days and every time I looked at my IPod to type, my head hurt so bad I almost cried, comment who you think Petalkit saw in the water =D.