Chapter 11: That Man was Planted in by the Noble Consort

[Your legitimate elder brother has earned modest praise from Palace Tutor Lu Zhen (Middle Rank), gaining 20 points in the palace struggle.]

[Your legitimate elder brother has earned modest praise from the Emperor Xiao Yunzhou (High Rank), gaining 50 points in the palace struggle.]

[Your legitimate elder brother has gained significant favor from Sixth Prince Cheng Shan, gaining 30 points in the palace struggle.]

Xiao Chuchu was admiring her mother Lower Concubine Liu embroidering flowers in the main hall, struggling to keep her eyes open from drowsiness.

Suddenly, she was jolted awake by three consecutive system prompts.

Just as she was pondering this, she heard the steady voice of a young man.

"Prince Cheng Qian greets Mother."

It was her brother!

Xiao Chuchu made an effort to prop herself up and looked toward the handsome young Fifth Prince entering the room.

[Did Brother pass the examination?]

Fifth Prince Cheng Qian had just entered the room when he heard his sister's thoughts. Although he had maintained a stern expression all the way from the Palace Tutor's chambers, unable to show his emotions to ordinary people, he now couldn't help but crack a slight smile.

"Mother, the tutor did indeed test us on our recent lessons this afternoon."

Cheng Qian smiled at his sister, but quickly turned to Lower Concubine Liu and said, "I did reasonably well. The Emperor has rewarded me, Elder Brother, Second Brother, and Sixth Brother with a mutton hot pot for dinner."

Lower Concubine Liu was overjoyed. "Cheng Qian has done well."

Although she had heard her daughter's thoughts and was not at all impressed by the reward from the 'Emperor who had almost gotten her buried alive', she was very happy that her son had passed the test safely and avoided getting his palms beaten.

"Quickly wash your hands, warm yourself up, and come see your sister. She has just nursed and is feeling sleepy."

It was all thanks to this young girl, a reincarnated immortal, that her son had avoided the crisis.

Cheng Qian didn't need to be told and had already warmed his hands.

He stood eagerly in front of the cradle, gazing at his sister's adorable appearance.

"Mother, if you or Sister ever lack anything, just send someone to let me know."

"No matter what, you must not be shortchanged."

It was all thanks to his sister that he knew the examination points today.

He did not think his sister had any evil powers, or that she was a calamity. On the contrary, he felt she was a blessing from Heaven.

His kind and fortunate sister had protected him.

[Wow, did Brother gain the tutor's favor?]

[The Palace Tutor is very powerful, and he was even the Emperor Father's teacher, it seems.]

Cheng Qian silently agreed.

Today, when Scholar Lu returned from the Qian Qing Palace, he not only brought rewards and punishments, but his expression when looking at Cheng Qian also showed a degree of approval that was unusual.

Normally, although Scholar Lu was very attentive to all the princes, he still taught the older first three princes more.

He was not good with words, and did not treat Cheng Qian specially.