Chapter 68: "I Know You Must Have Brought A Stallion With You."

The entire hall of Jing Country was stunned into silence.

If anyone dared say they were stone pillars, they would glare back in disbelief.

But the two envoys from Wu Yun Country were delighted, looking like fools.

It was jaw-dropping!

[These two envoys' favorable impression of the Emperor Father increased, currently at the 'negotiable' level.]

[Emperor Father, just praise them a bit more, and you can drive a hard bargain later!]

Xiao Chuchu glanced at the system and felt pleased.

"Ahem," Xiao Yunzhou also choked a little, hurriedly taking a deep breath and looking towards the two big men, "We... merely spoke the truth."

Hearing this, the two envoys became even more delighted, "Your truthful words make us so happy. May you and your descendants be strong and mighty, like towering stone pillars!"

"..."

Xiao Yunzhou's mouth twitched, this blessing... was beyond words!

He couldn't bear to look at their foolish sweetness anymore, so he hurriedly brought the topic back, "By the way, have the two envoys brought war horses from Wu Yun Country this time?"

The entire court of Jing Country froze, looking up at Xiao Yunzhou.

The Minister of Rites immediately stepped out, hinting with a frown, "Your Majesty, the envoys from Wu Yun Country did not bring a large number of horses."

Wu Yun Country, a grassland nation, did indeed raise a large number of horses compared to Jing Country.

But Wu Yun Country's horses had short legs and thick tails, with decent endurance but average speed.

Not to mention Jing Country, even the neighboring Chu State looked down upon them!

Wu Yun Country's horses had not sold well for several years.

Why should Jing Country become the scapegoat?

They truly had no interest in Wu Yun Country's trade requests.

Wu Yun horses on the battlefield could not outrun others!

The Minister of Revenue chuckled, "Your Majesty, Wu Yun Country has not traded horses for the past ten years."

They couldn't sell them!

Only a fool would buy them!

"Your expectations are likely in vain."

But before he could sit back down and the court officials could nod in agreement,

The two envoys from Wu Yun Country stood there, looking shocked, delighted, and fearful, staring at Xiao Yunzhou!

"Esteemed Emperor of Jing Country!"

"How did you know that we wanted to trade horses with you?"

The entire court of Jing Country was dumbfounded.