Take A Bullet Straight Through Me [Aiden]

Aidelyn <3

--------

It was around night, Aiden and Ashlyn were both sitting on the roof of one of the school busses. They could hear the others inside bickering and arguing over a game of Monopoly. But they were focused on each other, asking stupid and random questions.

“What would you do if I was held on hostage?” Ashlyn asked curiously, as she looked at Aiden.

“I'd take the bullet if the kidnapper has a gun” Aiden said without a second thought. She raised an eyebrow.

“Really? I thought you would bite them or something” She chuckled.

Aiden chuckled too, as he looked up at the dark sky. Ashlyn frowned slightly, feeling concerned about Aiden's unusual answer.

“I'm hoping that you actually won't, though” Ashlyn said, her chuckle fading away.

“Don't worry! I won't, I promise” He chuckled reassuringly, holding her hand and squeezing it lightly.

Ashlyn smiled at him, and he smiled back. They both continue talking about random topics, laughing it off and asking more random questions.

But he was serious about his statement. He is going to take it through him.

Whether she liked it or not.

“I think I can't even fucking run anymore!” Tyler yelled, desperately gasping for air in the process. Taylor nodded in agreement too, as she was exhausted from the running.

“Just run!” Ashlyn yelled back. But she too, was exhausted. But they could not stop here and now. They had to keep running.

They had escaped the facility, and they're running for their lives. The other parents are already on the lead, being the first ones to flee.

Ashlyn turned her head to see if there was anyone chasing them, and to her horror, there was.

“Oh shit..” Ashlyn muttered.

Chasing them was one of the guards, and they were holding a gun.

She turned her head back at the others, and she yelled “One of the security is holding a gun!”

When she looked back at the guard, she already saw the gun pointed at Aiden. And Aiden had no time to process this.

“AIDEN!”

BANG!

Aiden stopped when he felt someone hug him from behind. He looked behind him, and he saw Ashlyn, hugging him close. His eyes widened, realizing what had happened.

“Ashlyn!” He cried out, as he instantly caught her the moment she fell back. Knowing he had no time to waste, he picked her up, and he ran as fast as he could.

He could hear her ragged breathing, and the sight of the wound on her right shoulder was terrifying. He could not loose her. If he does, he knew it was his fault for not protecting her.

When they all felt that they were far enough, they took a left, and ran another minute or so, before they were lost in the forest. They all say down, but did not notice their friend carrying their bleeding leader.

“Guys! Ashlyn's shot!” He yelled, as he say down too, placing Ashlyn down while holding her close.

The others look at her, and horror dawned to them. Seeing her get shot on the shoulder was not a good time. Especially when they are escaping.

“Ben, you have the medical stuff??” Taylor asked Ben, and he nodded, before he got up and walked towards Ashlyn. He kneeled down next to her, as he inspected the wound on her shoulder.

He looked at Aiden, and he directed him to hold Ashlyn, so she would be steady. Aiden followed each of Ben's directions, looking at Ashlyn nervously.

His left hand stroking her hair reassuringly, as he whispered comforting words to her, as Ben started his work.

“It's going to be okay, Ash.. You're going to be okay..” He sobbed out, as tears started welling up his eyes. He couldn't handle seeing her like this.

He was supposed to take the bullet, not her.

----------

Oops, I tricked y'all with the lighthearted half of the story 😞

*Gets a ukelele and starts recording an apology video*

Also, I thought I would do my own twist (probably already done) in this one, lol

Cause I noticed that Character A promises B "I'll take a bullet for you" and A ends up taking so, I thought B would end up the one to get hit anyways lol :3