35

It was the day Scarlet would meet Amanda, I knew on day one these two would be bestfriends

I saw Scarlet putting her lipstick, a mirror, some fragrances, sanitizer, a shirt along with some shorts, and a small pouch with her undergarments along with a brush.

She was seriously getting prepared for meeting them, I told  her not to carry any electronic devices since they could get wet, and also paper unless her bag was waterproof, which it was but she said she was not risking it and just packed her phone with her.

She liked being prepared.

I saw her pack some additional things like a flash light and a small bag for her toothbrush and tooth paste, she was really prepared.

I didn't really need anything since one, I'm a merman, two, I can use my fingers to brush my hair and I don't need any additional clothing unless I'm in the surface and its freezing cold. And three, I don't need to change.

Well then, we finished packing our stuff, it was already 3am, I told Scarlet I'd take her tomorrow afternoon but people would be there, plus Amy left an hour ago, so we were pretty prepared.

We made our way to the shore as I took made her sit on my back as I started swimming, I made sure not to swim like usual otherwise she'll be scared.

I kept swimming for like fifteen minutes before we reached the mountain which my sister lived in, when I signaled Scarlet to go on the mountain porch she did, a few seconds later I hopped out, I think my sister knew I arrived since a splash was made when I was coming up on her porch as she opened the curtains to see me and Scarlet.

"Hello Aaron!"

James said as he made his way, towards the porch while holding my niece and nephew.

"So, this the girl?"

Amanda says with a smile as Scarlet smiles softly and nods.

Me and Scarlet walk over as I  hold her hand.

"Yeah, this is the girl, Scarlet."

I say with a smile as Scarlet looks kind of flushed.

"Come in."

James said as we both entered, I was already dry, don't know what my sister installs just to do that but interesting.

"Your kids are really cute."

Scarlet said as she looks at my niece and nephew, her smile was beautiful as she looked at them.

"Thank you, the girl is Liliana and the boy is Leo."

Amanda said before adding.

"Liliana is a year and a half elder than Leo."

Scarlet nods as she and Amanda exchange names, I can already tell they are going to be bestfriends as I looked over at james who was too busy admiring Liliana and Leo and sometimes glancing over to look at Amanda.

Amanda and Scarlet somehow made their way to the sofa and started talking, occasionally laughing like school girls, how the fuck did that happen so quick? Well, I already guessed they'd be bestfriends.

Liliana let out a small yawn as Leo followed after, causing James to chuckle as he brought both kids to their cribs and set them down for a nap.

"Scarlet, Amanda. Don't laugh so loudly, Liliana and Leo are finally taking a nap after hours!"

James said.

"Stop being so dramatic! They sleep after like...this time or a little earlier."

Amanda said as she playfully rolled her eyes.

This made Scarlet giggle as her gaze looked at Liliana and Leo who were asleep before her gaze moved back to see me look at her.

She smiled at me as I grinned.

She giggled before looking back at Amanda who was looking at us.

"Damn, you weren't lying about the engagement."

Amanda said, did she really think I was lying.

"Its honestly a surprise you managed to get a girl, I thought you'd die single from the way you always hate seeing other women."

James said as he walked over to join the conversation.

Did they seriously have to bring that up? Yes, they did.

But I guess it was worth it as it made Scarlet giggle.

A few minutes later of giggles and laughs we realized it was late.

3:50am.

"Scarlet, Aaron. Follow me, I'll show you were the guest room is."

Amanda said as she opened some door that was on her porch that leads to a bedroom with a small bathroom connected, it had tinted windows that blended in with the mountains, a bed, a desk and chair, a few hangers, two towels, and a bathroom.

She then turned on the lights and shut the guest bedroom door, leaving me and Scarlet alone.

I locked the door and made my way to the bed to sit as Scarlet kept her bag on the table and removed her shoes before tossing onto the bed.

"So  how was my sister?"

I ask as she immediately giggles and looks at me.

"She's cool."

She responds before making her way towards me and going between my arms, hugging me as she made her way under the blanket.

She seriously loves any blanket a lot, as long as if its soft.

"So, you found your wedding dress yet?"

I ask Scarlet as she nods.

The wedding would be there in another two weeks, and when the two weeks are over we will finally be married.

"Have you found your wedding outfit yet?"

Scarlet asks me as I nod.

"So, the wedding will take place on a mountain, and the vows will happen on a cliff where the ritual takes place."

I tell her as she nods.

"The chairs and all will be simple, I'm just inviting a few close friends and family, the mermans and mermaids will watch us from under the cliffs while your family can watch us above the mountain in the shade."

I said.

"I'm just inviting my sister, my parents, and some close friends."

She said as I nodded.

We soon discussed more about the wedding that would take place in two weeks.

We were discussing it a bit quietly so that if my sister or James was listening they would not know what we are talking about.

As time passed we finished discussing who we would invite, we'd come home and send off the wedding letters, we finished our wedding outfits, we finished our vows, we know where the marriage is taking place at, all we have to do now is wait for the wedding to take place.

I offed the lights before hopping under the covers and draping my hand against Scarlet as I shut my eyes and went into a slumber.

Scarlet managed to fall asleep few minutes after.

In the end, the wedding was sorted, and it would take place in two weeks.