||:RoChu: Little Sunflower:||

( This is a Cardverse AU story. This lovely little gem was requested by @HeyGoGoLife109 ! Everything written in here is my little headcanon of the Cardverse AU, so I do not apologise if you don't like it! )

Rated 12+ for Very Infrequent Sexual terms. Read at your own risk.

On the day of the King of Spades coronation, all the higher-ups of every kingdom gathered together to celebrate such a momentous occasion. The Hearts, the Diamonds, even the Clubs showed up. The guests of the coronation consisted of the citizens of Spade kingdom, and the King, Queen, Jack, and #10 of each kingdom. It was on this day of King Alfred's coronation, that the King of Clubs, Ivan Braginsky, set his eyes upon a very handsome young man. Unfortunately, they belonged to Spade kingdom, and were the Jack of Spades of all things.

Jack - Personal protector and guard of the king. Commander of all the castle troops and said to be the most loyal of all the classes. Often not seen by their king's side unless out on an expedition. Mentors #10 to protect the king in their absence.

After the coronation ceremony, the guests gathered together and had a wonderful ball. The center of attention, was, of course, the newly crowned king and his queen, Arthur.

Queen - The so-called right hand man of the king. Despite the title "queen" gender does not matter for this category. The queen is "Fontus" or the source of energy. They supply the king with energy when natural elements will not suffice. The queen cannot convert energy. (More lengthy explanation in the king part.)

Arthur and the newly crowned king, Alfred, waltzed in the middle of the dance floor. Some village ladies were blushing and giggling violently in a corner.

Usually other countries would try to limit contact unless they are on good terms, or are trading goods, but it's a bit different for the Club kingdom. Ever since Ivan was crowned king, the other countries have had an edgy feeling about the kingdom of Clubs. It only grew worse when the news spread that the Club queen, Elizabeta Héderváry, was having an affair with the Jack of Clubs, Roderich Edelstein.

King - The highest ranking official in any country. The King rules the country and decides it's fate. A king with a bad reputation can make people think bad of the whole country. The king has the power of "Vespa" meaning he can receive energy from everything. Eventually over time, the ability to gather energy naturally becomes lower, and it is harder to gather energy. That's were "Fontus" comes in. King's can do nothing but convert energy. To collect energy from the queen, it is best received through bodily fluids. The most efficiently way is through sex, but kissing works too. Not only can you receive energy from your queen, but queens of other kingdoms too.

While everyone else was in awe of Queen Arthur and King Alfred, Ivan only had his sights set on one person. The Jack of Spades. Ivan was determined to learn his name, and he had heard that the Jack of Spades is a hardy fellow, so hopefully he wouldn't be frightened by Ivan. King Ivan made his way over to the Jack and lightly tapped him on the shoulder. The Jack turned around and faced Ivan.

"'Ello, my dear Jack of Spades. What a momentous occasion this is, da?" The Jack turned away for a moment to look at his King and Queen.

"Indeed. It is every time a King is crowned. Even in your case, it was as well." The Jack looked up at the tall King. "I went to see your coronation, along with the former King and Queen, unfortunately, something came up in our kingdom and I had to leave early."

Ah! That's where Ivan had thought he had recognised the Jack before.

"If you don't mind me asking, what is your name Jack of Spades?"

"My, how rude of me. My name is Wang Yao. A pleasure to formally meet you King Ivan, aru." Yao covered his mouth quickly. "I am terribly sorry, it is an old habit." Ivan chuckled lightly.

"No need to be embarrassed, old habits die hard, and I have to say, that "aru" of yours is quite endearing." Yao looked away at King Ivan's statement and found the floor suddenly very interesting. Ivan shifted around in the weird silence between them before breaking it.

"If you don't mind, would you like to dance?" Yao moved his head towards Ivan's face. He looked slightly uncomfortable and worried. Ivan picked up on this.

"Do you not know how to dance? Or is it my presence that makes you feel uneasy." Yao almost immediately retorted.

"N-no! It's not you. I've just, never danced before since I must be constantly on guard."

"Well then, maybe this is your chance to learn, da?" Ivan smiled warmly at Yao. "There are lots of good people and other soldiers and Jacks around, I believe it would be safe just this once." Yao still looked uncertain, mostly because he had heard of the reputation that the kingdom of Clubs had gathered, and it hasn't pleasant to say the least, but judging by how kind and understanding the King has, maybe it wasn't so bad after all.

"W-well, I guess now would be a better time then never, aru..." Yao sighed in defeat, and took a grinning Ivan's hand.

"Don't worry, I'll guide you through the steps." It probably took only minutes, but it felt like hours before Yao and Ivan could dance smoothly together. They joined Arthur and Alfred on the floor, almost as if it was a challenge to see who could win the most attention. Unlike in the real world where you and me live, people don't discriminate and don't find it weird, at all, to find pairs of guys dancing together.

The sun was beginning to set beyond the horizon, and it was a long ride to Club kingdom. Ivan was being called by his Queen and Jack, and Yao had to return to his duties.

"Do you think we'll ever see each other again?" Yao had a hint of sadness in his eyes. Ivan bent down in front of Yao, on one knee, and took ahold of Yao's left hand, placing a soft kiss on the back of it.

"My dear Jack of Spades, Wang Yao, even if the stars should forbid it, I promise you, I will find a way for us to meet again. But until then, keep this as a reminder of me." Ivan placed a small little glass-encased vase in Yao's hand. Inside the vase was a small sunflower encased in resin so it won't die. Yao admired the beauty of the whole thing.

"Thank you Ivan. It's beautiful. I will treasure it always, aru!" Ivan smiled softly at Yao before embracing him in a large, warm hug.

"Until the next time we meet then, da?" And they parted their different ways, hoping someday they will meet again.

A/N: And that's the end! I really love this ship (it's my OTP!) and this AU is my favourite, so I had a lot of fun writing this. If you want to know more about my headcanons and "Vespa" and "Fontus" I suggest you check out this comic: [http://undercover-witch.tumblr.com/post/30734103200/emergency-call-usuk-nsfw] WARNING: This comic contains sexual themes and rape. It is rated 18+. Read at your own risk.