||:PruCan: A Simple Life:||

A/N: Based off of a tumblr post I saw! Hope you guys like it! Also, the cover photo is my edit but not my cosplay. I edited it to look like an old photo sitting on a table. ((There will be hinted GerIta and PruAus, shhh!))

This chapter is dedicated to --- @norgay._.for._.you._ @fantasy.of.reality and @tea_tami from Instagram! They wanted to read this, so here you go!

The sun rises, and another day of work starts. Gilbert Beilschmidt has his daily dose of coffee and breakfast before heading downstairs to open up shop. He throws on his light green apron with a little yellow bird on it and flips the sign so it says "Open." Checking the clock, Gilbert opened right on time. 9:00 am.

Afternoon rolls around and Matthew Williams is walking down the street to his little place of business. It was on a quaint little street, full of happy and kind people. It was a small neighbourhood, so almost everyone knew each other. Sadly, Matthew just moved here a few months ago, and didn't know many people, just his neighbour, Gilbert.

Unlocking the front door and opening the maroon curtains, Matthew began preparing for today's work. He had about 7 appointments today. Not too many, not too little. Today was going to be a good day! Matthew threw on his dark, burnt orange apron that had a little maple leaf on it, and set up the needles in the correct place.

Gilbert's business usually went by fairly slowly, it's not like everyone wanted to buy flowers everyday right? So instead, Gil went out and began watering the plants in front of his store. Looking over next door, Gilbert could see his fellow neighbour, Matthew, getting ready inside. Gilbert took notice of the cute maple apron, and the potted plants outside his business. Not wanting to be rude, Gil went over and knocked on the door.

Hearing this knock, Matthew made his way over, and looked through the the glass to see Gilbert. Matthew gave a small smile and opened the door. Matthew took note of the adorable little bird apron Gilbert had on.

"Good afternoon Gilbert! It's a fine day isn't it, eh?" The sky was clear and there wasn't a cloud in it. It was a beautiful cerulean blue and the weather was very nice, not too cold, and that was saying something for early spring in Canada.

Gilbert returned Matthew's smile. "I noticed you had some plants out front, and I was wondering if it would be ok to water them? It doesn't look like you have supplies inside anyways..." Gilbert laughed awkwardly, admiring the slightly gothic interior of the tattoo shop.

Matthew grinned even wider. "Of course! No need to ask, if they look like they might need some water, you can give it to them anytime you feel!" Even if they hadn't talked much due to Matthew being busy most the time, he still considered Gilbert a friend.

Gilbert gave a slight nod and a polite thank you. He may have lived in Germany at one point, but he thinks that the Canadian's polite nature was rubbing off on him. ((Shh, Canadian Gil is adorable)) Gilbert watched as Matthew returned inside and flipped a switch, turning of the neon sign of "Open" on.

Gilbert happily watered the plants in front of the Canadians doorstep and returned to his own. A few minutes later, he heard the familiar 'ding!' of his store bell going off.

"Welcom-" Gilbert looked at the person standing in front of him. Shocked to see him. "Luddy? Is that really you?" Gilbert could not believe it, his little brother, Ludwig, was there standing in his flower shop in Canada. Ludwig lived in Germany.

"Ja, it's me. What, are you surprised to see your own klein bruder*?" Ludwig gave a little snarky comment, already knowing what the answer would be.

"Ja! Of course I am! You live on the complete other side of the Atlantic Ocean! Though, it's not like I'm not happy to see you..." Gilbert knew it himself, but he had a bit of a brother complex. Don't judge him, I would too if adorable Ludwig was my little brother.