||: Red Velvet Pancakes: Hockey Game:||

Requested by a lovely someone on Instagram~ Here is the fanfic you wanted! ^.^ I'm really sorry it took me forever to publish also!

The first time they met was during hockey season. They both belonged to one of the best teams in Canada, and were the duo that helped bring down Russia in the Olympics. They never talked outside of hockey until that day when the whole team went to a celebratory dinner at a fancy Japanese restaurant.

Matt and Matthew walked into the restaurant that Kiku told them about with the rest of their team. They thought this was nice, but also weird and awkward because everyone was seeing the side of the other people that only showed when off the ice. And for Matthew, that was an extremely dramatic change.

Off the rink, just like everyone else in his life, his own team seemed to forget he was even there, except Matt. Although, Matthew didn't know this, because off the rink Matt was quiet and self-reserved, complete opposite of his hockey self. He seemed less... dangerous? now that he wasn't menacingly holding a hockey stick near you.

Sitting down to eat, a waitress with a pretty, short haircut and a pink sakura flower pin in her hair, came over and took their order. Matthew was almost skipped over when Matt ordered for him. He seemed to know the exact dish that he wanted, strange. They talked for a while and Matthew tried to pitch in, but his voice was not heard by the majority of the others.

Finally Matt had had enough of his teammates ignoring Matthew.

"Hey." His voice was cold and dead. "Could you please stop forgetting about little Matthew over here? You're all acting like he doesn't exist. Thanks." Look at that, Canadian politeness kicking in right there. The teammates turned to where Matt pointed and noticed a Matthew sitting there, smiling a small and calm smile.

Matthew waved at them and then their food came. They practically ate the rest of the time in silence, split the bill evenly and headed out. Matt and Matthew lived along the same path while the others lived elsewhere. Waving goodbye to their teammates, well, at least Matthew did, they departed and walked away in silence. It was Matt who broke the ice.

"So, I know we just finished a game but..." He paused for a moment. "Would you like to play a little one on one?" Matthew's eyes widened in excitement and he vigorously nodded his head. So, without further ado, they headed to their local ice rink.

It wasn't too long of a walk, only about 15 minutes. Getting ready didn't take too long either. They weren't gearing up completely, so it only took about 5 minutes. One of them would regret that later.

The minute they were on that ice, Matthew's face turned into a smirk and a very scary aura emitted from him. 'Welcome to hell. Prepared to die?' That's literally what you felt when up close to Matthew right now. Scary, right? Next up, Matt's face actually softened slightly, but he was no pushover. He holds the international record for most scored goals during a game.

And thus, they were off.

The back and forth part went on forever, 30 minutes at least, before Matt scored a goal. It went on like this for a while. Each one scoring after the other, keeping it even. That was, till Matt got extremely frustrated by this.

The puck came up to him quickly, Matthew chasing after it. Just before the steal, Matt swung as hard as he could, scoring a goal. But that's not all he scored, oh no. He also scored a hockey stick right to Matthew's cheek. Yes, a side blow, smacking right into him.

Red. Little puddles of red formed on the ice. Matthew was bleeding, and badly too.

"Matthew!" Matt shouted, quickly dropping his hockey stick and rushing to his side. "I'm sorry! Are you ok?" Matthew gave him a weak smile.

"J-just fine. Nothing I can't handle..." Matt knew that was not the case. He quickly rushed him off and yelled at the counter bum for a First-Aid kit. He tried to stop the bleeding as best he could, but it was a pretty deep cut. Who knew hockey sticks could be so sharp and lethal, eh?

Disinfecting and bandaging out of the way, Matthew was crying. Literally crying in pain by now. It hurt Matt's heart to see him like this, and it hurt even more knowing he had cause this pain. Someone came off the ice and gave them their stuff.

"We should probably get you home, come on, let's go." Matt carried both of their stuff and they hitched a bus to Matthew's house. Luckily, no one was on it and they sat in the back.

Matt, feeling extremely bad, reached an arm around to pull Matthew closer to him. Mattie looked up at him curiously, but Matt was looking out the window, a light blush on his cheeks. Mattie made a mental snapshot and looked away, a smile on his face.

Matt sighed after a minute of silence.

"I'm really, really sorry about hitting you, I feel horrible, but..." He swallowed a lump in a his throat. "I know a way to make it up to you..." He gave Matthew 30 seconds to process what he had said before he dove in.

And their lips touched together.

Mattie's face was bright red, but he soon melted into the kiss. Linking his arms around Matt's neck, and drawing then closer together. They parted for air and stared into each other's eyes.

"Ya know... I think I love you." Matthew chuckled.

"You wouldn't have kissed me otherwise silly."
~~~
"And thus, that was the story of how your brother got a boyfriend Al." Allen rolled his eyes majorly.

"Mom. I don't need to hear the damn story every single fucking time you see them together."

"SWEAR JAR YOUNG MAN."

A wild France grunts in the background.

So... What you think? Crap right? I'm sorry! DX I added the little tidbit at the end for laughs. And I'm sorry about Matt's OOCness, I tried my best >.< Hope you liked it!!

Matthew = 1p!Canada
Matt = 2p!Cananda
Allen = 2p!America
Mom = 2p!England/Oliver
France = 2p!France/Francois