Chapter Twenty-Four- The Email.

❤️

Felix's heart raced as he stammered, "What did you say?" He looked at the front desk lady with a confused expression

Felix's heart raced as he stammered, "What did you say?" He looked at the front desk lady with a confused expression. There was no way that what she said could be possible, right?

The secretary smiled and replied, "I said that your boyfriend paid for your full tuition."

"Like all of it? I don't owe anything. Not even a cent?"

"Nope, the balance is at zero."

Jeongin leaned in closer and whispered into Felix's ear, "Forget about the damn money. Hyunjin told her that he was your boyfriend!"

Felix cleared his scratchy throat, and with a gentle smile, he asked, "Did he actually say he was my boyfriend?"

"Yes." She then trailed off before asking, "Your boyfriend is Hwang Hyunjin, right?"

Felix didn't know what to do or say, but in the end, he decided to play along with Hyunjin's little game, and with a shy nod, he said, "Yes, he is my boyfriend. I am just confused because he knew very well that I had the money to cover what I owed."

The lady let out a sigh of relief, her hand pressed close to her heart. "Don't scare me like that, Mr. Lee... I thought I had processed the payment into the wrong account. But yeah. He was very convincing when he called you his boyfriend. He repeated it many times. You should have seen how bright his eyes were when he spoke of you. You are one lucky young man to have such a handsome and sweet boyfriend. That man loves you so much that it seeps from his pores!"

Straightening in her chair, she looked at Felix's perplexed expression. And there he stood, frozen in place, not knowing what else to do when his heart was about to run away from him.

"Oh, yeah. He knows that." Jeongin spoke up, gently nudging Felix with his arm so he could snap out of the daze and talk to the lady.

What the younger didn't know was that Felix was currently having a mini-brain aneurysm, and the only thing he could do at the moment-which he was glad he hadn't forgotten how to do-was to breathe.

With yet another nudge, harder this time, Jeongin whispered, "Right, Felix?"

"Huh?" Felix hummed, scanning the area between him, Jeongin, and the lady, who was about to stand from her chair just in case she needed to run to call for the nurse because Felix's face had lost all its color, and he was looking paler than a ghost. "Oh... yeah. yeah,"

"Felix, are you feeling, okay? She asked, her face laced with worry.

"Oh, yeah, I'm okay," he giggled.

Jeongin joined in laughter, while he made sure to get a good grip on his best friend's arm just in case he fainted. "He is just tired, Mrs. Shin. Let's go home, Lix, so you can rest."