In Her Shoes

"Damn.. stupid... cleaning.. rrrrrggghhh.." Mikoto muttered, once more dressed in a maid's outfit and scrubbing down the hall of the church's residential wing..

She was covered in burns and dirt as she dipped her cloth in the bubbly bucket and continued to scrub the floor.

Orphans and other nuns walked by, all carrying brooms and cooking supplies, so Mikoto wasn't the only one working. However, she doubted any of them had somebody blowing missiles up their but.

Yuniko had assured Mikoto that she was going easy.. but Mikoto wasn't quite so sure. She was sure of one thing though, whatever crazy SciFi Robot Fighting VR Scarlet Rain was from, it must have been crazy.

"Hey Mikoto!" Mikoto nearly jumped out of her skin in fright, she hadn't noticed Kirito knelt down on the floor next to her, his sleeves pulled up, and a cloth in his hand as he helped Mikoto scrub the floor down.

"Thanks." said Mikoto. "Didn't see you there. So, did you cut down that tree?"

"Not even close." said Kirito. "I couldn't even swing the thing right, did like one damage... I checked the life with a Stacia Window.. Kind of getting the hang of it.  Turns out it takes a bit of strength to open up Stacia Windows on larger objects."

"This feels like half a VR game, and half real life." Mikoto muttered. "I know it's only been 2 days, but I'm not even sure what's real anymore."

Kirito sighed. "I get how you feel. Anyways.. Eugeo's feeling curious.."

"About what..?"

"About that sword you always carry Misaka-chan." Eugeo had just walked in. He smiled cheerily at Mikoto and held out a hand. "If you don't mind, could I look at it?"

"Umm.. sure.."

Mikoto handed Eugeo the Master Sword, and he drew the blade from it's sheathe.

"It's beautiful." said Eugeo. "It's like a white fang that bites into it's enemies.."

"Funny, that's how it's described on Ocarina of Time I think." said Mikoto.

"Oca-what?"

"Sorry." said Mikoto. "Forget what I just said. Yeah, I've had that sword for a long time.. it's always felt natural to have it at my hip."

"Come to think of it." said Kirito with a laugh. "It's always seemed to follow us wherever we go, in one form or another..  SAO.. ALfheim.."

"I think of it as a little friend that has a wing shaped cross guard." said Mikoto with a little smile.

"I see.." said Eugeo.  He drew a Stacia window on the sword.. and it's stats came up. "Interesting name.. Master Sword, as if it is dominant over all other swords.. the master of all blades.. It's definitely a Divine Instrument. They're the only things harder and stronger then our Dragon Bone Axes. The Blue Rose Sword is one of them."

"Explains why I don't have enough OC then." said Mikoto. "I can't even swing that thing right.. not like I used to.."

"The best way to gain OC, is to kill any living thing." said Eugeo. "Your OC then becomes larger."

"Like Leveling up." said Mikoto.

"Wow! WOW!!" said Eugeo. "That's a large Priority Authority! This blade needs plenty of OC! And.. no way.. the damage, this blade vastly more powerful the Blue Rose Sword by a long shot... and an ability called Triforce Strike? I've never heard of it.. though, it's not like I know much about swords, I think it's safe to say many Nobles would fight with all their hearts to have a blade as fine as this one."