Return

"I've been waiting to write this chapter ever since I started this series.. Now.. look at the picture.. and  see if you can guess which of the characters displayed in this pic is about to make an ACTUAL appearance.

Several Months ago, IRL Time.

"So you're really going to do it!?" said Lisbeth excitedly. "Challenge Absolute Sword!?

"Eh, yeah.. I wasn't.. but you and Nee-chan kept on begging me to.. so I guess I have to now." said Mikoto jokingly, her cat ears twitching around humorously.

They were on a clear area of Aincrad's more vast floors.. an area where flowers were frequently growing in the shadow of a massive old looking tree.

Mikoto had only logged on around 13 minutes ago after she had a conversation with Sinon regarding the presence of a super strong player in ALO. A player who was known as the Absolute Sword, who had already managed to be Kirito, Eugene, and even Asuna, who had taken the challenge. Afterwords, she had invited Asuna into her party, and together they had taken down a floor boss.

"She's incredible." said Sinon, who was following Mikoto and Lisbeth a little ways behind to the area where Absolute Sword was rumored to frequent. "Anyways.. since you're like the only super strong player she hasn't fought yet, we messaged her, asking if she would like to take you on.."

"And you didn't think to ask me?" Mikoto said, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh please.. with anybody else, we might have, but we all know that you never turn down a challenge like this." said Lisbeth. "Come on.. it'll be fun.. plus, I think there will be a few spectators coming.."

"A few!?" Mikoto stammered as she saw the crowd before her. "Define a FEW!!! This is even more then the people who came to watch me fight Heathcliff!"

"Wow.." said Sinon as Lisbeth muttered a headcount to herself. "Maybe cause some of them are SAO veterans.. you're like the savior who beat SAO aren't you? I mean, there were a bunch who came to watch Kirito too."

The crowd chattered excitedly when Mikoto walked through.. and emerged into the large field beyond.. where Yuuki was already waiting.

Yuuki smiled and waved. "Hello! You must be Railgun-Sempai right? I was really looking forward to this! "

"Me too!" said Mikoto cheerfully. "I've heard plenty of good things."

"O-oh.." Yuuki's face suddenly looked a little disappointed.

"What's the matter?"

"You don't have the Master Sword.." Yuuki said.

"This is my Geko Sword.." said Mikoto said. "You don't like it?"

"No, it's not that.. I  love how it looks like Gekota on the hilt.. but.." said Yuuki. "I was hoping I could fight you at full strength you know? I'm sorry.. that was rude of me say that.."

"Oh no.. no.." Mikoto grinned as a fierce hunger knawed at her brain.. wanting to break out and fight.. that's just fine.. you want full strength.. you've got it!"

Mikoto quickly re-equipped her weapon, and in a flash, she drew the Master Sword. "Any time you're ready.."

Yuuki grinned back at Mikoto. "You.. I can tell you really love a challenge.. alright then.. let's not hold back!! Full force!! Let's go!!"