Graduation

After around 2 days, Integrity Knights arrived to pick up Sterben, PoH, and Johny Black, as well as round up any Laughing Coffin members that escaped.

Apparently, they possessed a unique shackle, called "Extra Program Function Inhibition" that allowed the restraining of strange abilities not completely sanctioned by the System. That way, Sterben wouldn't just turn into a murder of crows and fly on out..

It also made Mikoto slightly nervous because she knew if she was ever arrested by Integrity Knights, they would be able to do the same to her Esper power.

The news of what had happened over the trip spread like wild fire. Soon, rumors of a new strange fairy-like swordswoman and her friend, a storm spirit who could summon lightning arose, and the forest became an instant legend.

Mikoto was just glad that nobody figured out it was her and Yuuki.

Yuuki in the end, decided to return to the Academy with Ashley and Mikoto.

"Well.. in order to make sure I'm not driven mad by living hundreds of years in the Underworld, I go to sleep every 2 months or so, and wake up around 80 years later in this world." said Yuuki. "That way I counteract the side effects of living in an accelerated perception of time for days on end IRL... the body may not age, but the soul and mind do.. But.. I have a feeling that the time where I might be free to walk in the real world again is coming soon, so I'll spend my time helping my closest friends!"

In any case.. the shock of Yuuki's return stunned Kirito.. and even made Sinon turn a little faint.

Eugeo, of course, not knowing Yuuki's history, was merely friendly as he always was and introduced himself to Yuuki happily.

"You're quite odd." said Eugeo. "I've never seen anybody with skin like yours and ears like those.."

"Or wings like these!?" said Yuuki with a giggle, activating her black bat-like wings that were the trademark of the Imps in ALfheim.

Eugeo's jaw dropped. "W-wings!?"

From that moment forth, Eugeo would tell anybody he met that he knew an actual live fairy..

Days passed by normally after that. Mikoto continued to train her hardest.. as did Kirito and Eugeo.

Sinon excelled so much in the Archery corps, that soon the men that used to give her ugly looks and make fun of her, began asking to go out with her, fervently offering drinks or requesting tips.

One night, Mikoto snuck into Sinon's dorm through the window, and brought with her a rather nice surprise.

"This is the Silent Assassin we confiscated from XaXa." said Mikoto, handing her the rifle. "I don't know who better else to keep it then you.."

Sinon handled the gun carefully, feeling it's barrel. "This is probably one of the deadliest weapons in the Human Empire right now.. no bow, even of Divine Instrument class, can match this gun's range.. a mile long shot.."

"Keep it safe.. and only use it when you really need to." said Mikoto. "I'm not sure how the Underworlders would react to guns.. Kirito's keeping the Black Star tucked away in a safe.."

"Mikoto.." said Sinon as her cousin was about to jump back out the window. "Did Yuuki ever explain that move she called... the Incarnate System?"

"She said that she would tell me after the year ended." said Mikoto.

"Ashley's going to be graduating." said Sinon. "And Baltoh and so is Serlut.."

"So?"

"You really look up to Rowena-san." said Sinon. "Imouto-chan..  I'm just wondering if you'll be okay."