Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

Everyone sat around the large metal table talking to each other in one big conversation. I didn't know what they were on about as I was in my own little world of bliss.

"Thank God Alice let us go off on our own. My poor Mum looks traumatised!" Renesmee explained in my ear at the sound of nothing but a whisper.

She was right. Bella sat staring into space but not like I was doing beforehand, her eyes were empty and her normally smiling lips were in a straight line. One of us should have went and rescued her!

"I tried but Alice kicked me out." Bella's mate, Edward spoke while grimacing. He was sitting next to Bella with his arms around her waist but she wasn't paying attention.

"Bella will live!" Alice defended herself as she heard us all saying our sorrows to Bella.

Bella looked up as soon as she heard her name being called by Alice and her normal smile was back into her white face. Edward naturally relaxed.

Alice grumbled while glaring at her silver watch. "Where did you say Seth went?" She asked me with anger written across her face.

"I didn't," I snapped back, she was presuming things. "He went to the loo." I answered seriously as I saw Alice's death glare. She became a pixie on drugs.

"We'll have you seen the time? It's 5:30!" She exploded while giving me a look to show that she wanted to bite my head off. Why was she telling me this? It had nothing to do with me.

I then realised that Seth had been gone for and hour and a half. Was he okay? I looked around in panic. Searching for his smell in my nose, his brown hair a rusty skin.

"Edward? Where is he?" I asked panic setting into my weak voice. I was reluctant to give Edward the satisfaction of his useful mind-reading ability but I needed to know if he was safe.

"He's just coming down the escalators. He had to pick something up." He answered me while playing with the golden onion rings that were in front of him, he needed to do this to act human. However he was the only vampire who did.

I stood up realising that there was no more food left as the wolfs had eaten more then I had expected. "Thanks," I mumbled to Edward as I basically skipped to one of the many food counters.

I came back with three portions of fries, two burgers and three smoothies.

"More food!" Quill shouted while reaching over to the tray I just put down. I used my powers to quickly push his hand away. Out of instinct i looked around to see if any weak humans saw the fast show but thankfully they hadn't!

It was then that Seth appeared through the busy crowd of bystanders who were eating food. A cheeky smile filled his face as he looked up and down at my top. What had he done?

"Wow," he breathed out in amazement "I'm surprised you managed to keep them away from this food." He laughed to me while taking a seat next to me. "This is for you." He said, giving me a white plastic bag with no brand name on.