A Silver Gambit

"So Ayanokouji decided, he wasn't cut out for shit, and just decided to walk off and take a fucking vacation?" Ryuuen-kun, who'd opted for a face-to-face confrontation, now stood before me.

"Yes, Kiyotaka-kun is now on the cruise ship, with the rest of the class." I answered.

"So, what? That fuckin' dullard just waltzed up to your ass and was like 'Oh, hey Shiina! I can't do this shit, lemme take a vacation and leave everything up to Shiina! She's smart!'" Ryuuen-kun spoke in a mocking voice, one that definitely didn't match Kiyotaka-kun's monotonous voice.

"That is the gist of it, yes." My fingers tightened against the palm of my hand, hidden behind my back.

"Yeah I don't fucking buy it," Ryuuen-kun snarled, his gaze piercing. "Don't try to tell me you haven't been talking to that bastard. You think I'm stupid? You two are practically joined at the hip. What's his angle in all this? What's he planning?"

"Like I said, Kiyotaka-kun simply asked me to fulfill the role instead, as he felt he was too incompetent to do so. I don't believe he has anything planned." I responded.

Ryuuen-kun sighed in theatrical disappointment, "So, the great genius Shiina Hiyori, you claimed you figured out the leader? Let's fucking hear it, who is the so hidden leader that dull-eyes couldn't even discover?"

"As I have previously stated, I came to the conclusion that the leader is Shiranami Chihiro."

"Now who the fuck is that?" Ryuuen-kun's confusion was evident. "I was expecting it to be some nobody, cause that's the type of person that milk monster would appoint. But who the fuck is that?"

It seems, Ryuuen-kun isn't confused by Ichinose-san's decision, rather it is what he was expecting. Rather, he was confused by the identity of the leader herself, as he hasn't heard that name before.

"Shiranami-san didn't stand out to me either." I admitted, my voice a delicate counterpoint to his volatile energy. "However, she is the leader of Class B. I can say that for certain."

"You expect me to believe just your words? Where's your proof? Where's the picture of the card?" Ryuuen-kun pressed, his voice laced with disbelief.

I had a rough idea of what Kiyotaka-kun's plans were. He didn't give me a camera to take a photo of the card, resulting in me resorting to convince Ryuuen-kun with words only.

So what are the whereabouts of the camera? All equipment had to be returned by the end of the exam, and only he would know where it was.

This was only a guess, but I am assuming that he gave Tokito-san the camera, and had him record Kaneda-san's confession.

'I see. So he was right after all.' I recalled the first words I heard from Tokito-san. Perhaps this 'he' was possibly Kiyotaka-kun.

What exactly is Kiyotaka-kun's end goal here?

"I don't have proof," I confessed, my gaze dropping for just a moment before meeting his with a defiance I hadn't known I possessed, "I wasn't able to obtain it."

Ryuuen-kun raised an eyebrow, yet he grinned. It seemed that he knew I was revealing a truth, but hiding another.

"Incompetent." Ryuuen-kun mutters, but a flicker of curiosity crosses his face. "Then why are you so sure? What makes you think it's this... Shiranami?"

"Intuition. I observed their interactions— the way they moved, the way they responded, the way their words failed to conceal the truths their gazes betrayed."

His skepticism was palpable, his predatory instincts aroused. "So you're saying this random chick is the leader? And your only proof is that you feel it? Don't bother me with that shit. What exactly did you see? How did this Shiranami chick act? Give me specifics. And don't expect me to buy this 'intuition' bullshit. Even a blind monkey can stumble on the truth sometimes."