Listen to the Rain- Ch 1

Ch 1

Rhythmic patter of rain fell against the window, slithering across the pane. Each rain drop murmuring, trying to tell it's own story before splattering against the glass. Beyond the gray clouds, gloomy and fierce, the wind whispered calming words, while still the thrumming rain pounded the window. Roaring, rumbling, crashing, thunder rolled off the clouds, piercing the silence.

Sighing contently, I let the soothing lullaby of rain put me to sleep. I dropped back down onto the soft mattress, laced in cotton sheets and handmade quilts. Rolling back my shoulders and relaxing, my eyes fluttered closed, wrapping darkness closely around me.

--------

Sunlight entered the edge of my vision as I woke up. Though the rain ceased and the sun shone bright, the wind howled angrily shoving more black heavy clouds in a usually vibrant blue sky.

Sliding off the bed, my cold feet gripped the soft carpet. Untangling from the sheets, I folded the covers back over the mattress, and sat the pillows on top of the bed. After wiping out the rest of the wrinkles within the quits, I twisted the door knob, and headed for down stairs.

"Morning Viola," called Jasmine, "Why are you up early?"

"Just because your my older sister doesn't mean you have to know exactly where I am going," I retorted, "but if you must know, I'm going over to Harmony's house."

"Awesome, that means I don't have to keep an eye out for you," she replied sarcastically.

"It's not like you ever do," I shot back, "Anyway, I'm going." After a slight mumble under her breath, I left not wanting to get on Jasmine's nerves to early in the morning.

Brisk winter air greeted me when I opened the front door. Running across the driveway, I hoped the clouds wouldn't empty while on my way to Harmony's house. After turning the corner, I slowed to a walk. "Come on," yelled Harmony from her porch seeing me. Picking up the pace, I jogged the rest of the short distance.

"Are you ready?" I asked excitedly sliding into Harmony's Buggy.

"Ya, and I still can't believe Eric asked you to the Winter Formal!" she replied after bounding into her car.

"I know! So has any one asked you?"

"Actually, before you arrived Asher called, asking me to the formal," Harmony responded happily, "I knew he'd ask, he just needed some time."

"Ya. It's pretty obvious he likes you."

Pulling into the nearest parking space we both jumped out of the car, ready for dress shopping.

Walking into JCPenny, we headed toward the back, finding rack upon rack piled with dresses. Digging into the piles I pulled out a dark purple silk, floor length dress lined in pearls. "What do you think?" I asked.

"You should defiantly try it on, but keep looking."

After hours of grazing the different racks, only four dresses were expectable. Stepping into a dressing room, I slipped on the purple dress. Glancing in the mirror, the dress was beautiful; however, not impeccable. Material billowed across the front, taking away from innocences of the pearls.

Next, golden flowed around me arrayed perfectly, complementing my curves. Almost the same color as my hair, I decided to try on the other dresses, for they blended.

Midnight blue pooled around my feet with sequences lining the left side. Falling in waves pale blue dawning, descending into an indigo midnight blue, cresting on my left hip.

"So...." I asked for the third time.

"Defiantly brightens your eyes and it's the perfect color for the formal." Twirling around, I decided I loved it.

"Should I still try on the black dress?"

"Yes, the black one was cute, but it's up to you."

"I'll be right back."

Slimming black griped my body, sweeping outward at the bottom. Draped over my right shoulder with a double strap and embedded in diamonds, I walked out showing Harmony. "Which one do you like better?" I asked.

"The blue one," she decided.

"Ok, that's what I was thinking. Did you determine your dress yet?"

"Ya, but which dress did like best?"

"The peach dress was absolutely stunning on you," I replied honestly.  

"Exactly what I was thinking. The formal is going to be amazing!"

Weaving are way over to shoes, "Sliver!" we both yelled together. Yes, sliver heels would match our dresses for this formal, and just about any other occasion.

Silk curled around my ankles as I fished tying the ribbon in a bow. With a three inch heel, these wouldn't be to much of a problem to walk around in for hours on end.

"I'm defiantly getting these," I told Harmony.

"I think I'll stick with flats," Harmony responded, "I'm already taller then Asher as it is."

"But these are for me, not you, silly."

"I know. Sorry, I was thinking out loud." 

Purchasing our new dresses, shoes and accessories, we headed back to Harmony's car.

The gloominess of today vanished as the sun broken through the thin layer of clouds. Warmth flooded my skin despite the mid- December weather. 

--------

After arriving back at Harmony's house, we ran upstairs with our dresses flying behind us. Slamming the bedroom door, laughter erupted within us, excitement over flowed, yet we still had a week to wait.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

This story was inspired by my friend because we were randomly talking and it had been raining for the past couple days. So I've been pondering this idea for awhile. I'll defiantly keep writing this story because even for me writing, it's inspiring.  

Now since I have so many ideas out there, there's no saying which will be updated first. If I have an idea for one of the stories I have posted, that will be the next chapter to be uploaded. <3 you all, and thanks for your support.

COMMENT!! 

VOTE!! 

RECOMMEND!! 

ADD TO LIBRARY!! 

FAN!!