Listen to the Rain- Ch 6

Ch 6

I gulped, swallowing the lump forming in my throat. Iron gates, recently painted black, creaked open to allow me passage.

Crumbled tombstones, weathered with time, littered the unkept lot. Jutted to the sky unevenly, brought back shadowed memories. I wanted to let go of haunting dreams that deranged my nights sleepless.

Following the weed strewed path, my eyes absorbed how diminished the place had become. Roots were tangled above ground. Weeds poked through the dried soil. Vines climbed around the gates desperately searching for rain that hasn't fallen in ages. A single rose placed on the foot of every stone, now rotten, shriveled, dead.

Tracing my figures lightly over his name which was sprawled across the newest stone, squeezed my heart, uncontrollably.

Blaine Joseph Riccicardi

Born April 18, 1963

Died November 23, 2004

Barley withered or faded, "You'll Always Live in our Hearts" sat carved in the stone under his death date. A stray tear leaked from my closed eyes, sliding down my saddened face.

"Hi dad." I paused waiting for an answer that would never come. "Dad," I whispered lightly, feeling more tears building behind my eyes, "I miss you."

Hugging myself I tried to escape the shivers racking my body from chill and sorrow. "It's been to long. I need you home."

Resting my head against the stone, a heavy breath curled from my lips. "I don't know what to do," my broken voice felt strangled, "but you would. You told me you'd always be there, so I hope you're still listening." His voice echoed in a memory like he had only been gone for a day.

"Mom doesn't believe me anymore. My truths are lies and my lies are truths in her eyes. She'll only believe the doctor. Everyday for the past four days, I've been dragged to the hospital. Each day the same answer. It started out as a heart mummer for you, right?" I didn't want to face the cruelty of reality.

"You told me countless times not to worry for you, not to stress, but I was nine at the time. I worried because I thought I was to young to loose you; for our family to be broken. We acted as though we're happy for you even after you're gone, yet in everyone's eyes their heart is still broken. If you we're home you'd know how to handle this, handle me," I could feel my heart beat slow with the pressure of my mind released.

"I'm not sure, how to break through the ice to Harmony, Eric, Ashton. It could be serious, it could be not. Doctors aren't giving us strait information. Thats what scares me the most, knowing there could be another thing wrong with me." Tears were heavily streaking my face and sobs erupted my throat, shaking my body. "Dad," I whispered, barley addible, "Dad."

Energy left my body allowing my eyes to slide shut and lifeless body to slump against the stone.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I know this is extremely short, actually I was expecting it to be slightly long than this. Anyway, this chapter was necessary and I hope you enjoyed reading it. I know where the next chapter is leading so it shouldn't be to long before the next upload.

-Midnightriter <3

Don't forget to...

VOTE!

LIKE!

FAN!

COMMENT!

RECOMMEND!

ADD TO LIBRARY!

and whatever else :)