Listen to the Rain- Ch 2

Ch 2

"Viola," addressed Eric, "hello."

"Hi," I chirped, excited to see Eric. "How's life?"

"Just perfect."

"And why is that?" I probed.

"Because, my lady, you have brightened my morning."

"Of course," I replied, playing along with his act. "My Lord, were are we going on this fine morn'?"

"We are going to our favorite hang out place."

"Let me guess, Eagle Eye Café?"

"Correct." He smiled.

I laughed, a genuine laugh, "Yes, of course. Are we meeting anyone there, my lord?"

"Lord Ashton and Lady Harmony will be meeting us there."

"Right, so we must be on are way, if we don't want to be late," I stated, still acting as if this was reality.

"Of course, my lady." Gracefully Eric opened the passenger door of his car. Sliding in, the door was closed behind me as Eric circled the car to the driver's side.

Lifehouse's hit 'All In' blasted through the speakers as the keys slid into the ignition. "And I'm all in, nothing left to hide I'm falling," I sang, my voice like honey, so sweet mixing with the rock melody. Eric started singing and are voices collided in harmony as the song continued, "Harder than a landslide, and now I'm calling, calling out your name. Even if I lose the game, I'm all in, I'm all in tonight, yeah I'm all in, I'm all in for life."

The song ended as we pulled into the parking lot of Eagle Eye Café. As I was about to open my door, but Eric was already on the other side opening it for me.

"Thank you," I said and pecked him on the cheek. I placed my hand in his, while we waited for Ashton and Harmony outside the Café.

A deep, lightly British accented voice pulled me from my wondering thoughts. "Ashton," I greeted happily as I gave him a hug.

"Hi Viola," both Ashton and Harmony said in unison as Ashton held the embrace.

"So who is ready for the formal?" I asked, while we chose our usual table by the window looking over the bay. The guys both ignored the question, but both Harmony and I just stared at them waiting for their answer.

Silence sat at the table, while no one spoke. The enhancing blue green water reminded of Eric's eyes. Sometimes they can be so clear, it's like they're bottomless, but other times they are murky and you're not sure how deep the waters may be.

"Viola," whispered Eric, trying to pull me from my thoughts carefully. "Viola," he whispered a tiny bit louder.

"Uhmm," I answered, not fully paying attention. My head gently turned to fully face Eric.

His hand tenderly caressed my face, while his face titled toward mine. Our foreheads met softly, as I closed the space between us. Fluttering, my eyes closed at the moment that our lips touched. My heart started picking up pace.

Ka-thum-p

KA-Thum-p

KA-THUM-p

KA-THUM-P

I forgot we weren't alone as Ashton cleared his throat loudly enough that I think the whole Café heard him. "Sorry," I murmured, feeling a blush rise to my cheeks.

"So before we were rudely interrupted," stated Eric, a bit to harshly, "what were you thinking about?"

"Does it really matter, Eric?" I replied with my own question, but sweetly enough.

"No it doesn't, but I was just curious."

"It's fine, sometimes I don't want to be openminded," I reminded him, for he knew some thoughts I liked to keep in my head.

"The formal," he stated.

"Ya?"

"What color corsage should I be buying you?"

"Midnight blue." I smiled dreamily, remembering the stunning dresses Harmony and I bought only days ago. "But you should wear more of a sapphire blue tie."

"Of course?" he more questioned himself than stated. Most likely he was confused on why I gave him two different colors, but he would soon find out.

"Are you ready to order?" asked the waitress the moment she stopped by our table.

"Yes," we all answered in unison. "I'll take the seasonal white chocolate carmel cappuccino," I stated.

"Same," they all answered.

By the time our cappuccinos were finished we all were joined in a pointless conversation, but it didn't matter, we just wasted away the day.

Only 5 more days until the formal!!

------------------------

School is finally out!! :) And finally today I took the time to write outlines for each of my stories to help me not fall into writers block. It's summer, so I should be having regular updates, but I'm not promising anything because my summer is chaotic. This weekend my family is help painting my room, the following weekend is vacation, after that nothing until July. In July I have family and friends visiting, but in all that is happening I'll still find time to write. If you find any mistakes errors, want another story to be uploaded, or just want to ask for advice, feel free to comment. (It can be random, I don't really care.)

Thanks for your support

<3 you all!!

VOTE!!

COMMENT!!

FAN!!

ADD TO LIBRARY!!

RECCOMEND!!

PROMOTE!!

LIKE!!

...and anything else!!