Listen to the Rain- Ch 4 (Part 2)

Ch 4 (Part 2)

Standing in shock, I stared up at the DJ not believing his words. "O my God!" Kayla screamed in my ear, "No way Viola!" It seemed she was more excited than me.

"Ya," I breathed softly, not believing I heard him correctly.

Eric gently squeezed my hand, bribing me back to reality. "That's us," he whispered in my ear. His breath licking my skin, sending shivers down my spine.

"I know," I responded, gaining my composure. I lightly touched my lips to his, before I turned around to face the center of the hall.

Gripping his hand for dear life, I tried to not feel the glances of everyone around me as we slowly walked toward the center. Spotlights shone brightly upon us. Only us. Taking a deep breath, Eric guided me up the stairs onto the stage.

It felt like years until anyone spoke. "I'd like to crown your Ice Queen and Snow King of the 2011 Winter Formal," started the DJ, as everyone started screaming, applauding and yelling in approval.

Stepping forward, a cape, glittering in sparkles and jules, draped my shoulders. An icicle tiara was placed onto my head, shimmering in the colored lights.

Eric received an icicle rod, twinkling in the radiant incandescence, and a crown, fitting his head perfectly. His look, caught my breath in my throat. "I love you," I whispered, directed at him, but I doubt he heard me.

Smiles shone on both of our faces as the crowd started to chant, "Kiss, kiss..."

My heart rate picked up into overdrive. Leaning closer, our lips brush together, but I knew if we kissed any longer, the room would heat up.

"I introduce to you, your queen and king of Roosevelt High School, one last time, Viola Riccicardi and Eric Hunter." Again the crowd erupted in cheers, while making a path, the students cleared a way for Eric and I to the center of the dance floor.

The DJ started So Small, by Carrie Underwood, for the tradition of a slow dance after crowning. Her music enveloped me as I swayed with Eric. Carrie's truthful word sank into my skin, letting my thought carry me away.

--------

The night flew by, quickly ending, but not before the annual dance off.

Teach Me How to Duggie bursted from the speakers. A circle formed around three people, including Eric, Jon, and Alex. Breaking into dancing, practically everyone was screaming, squeezing to the front of the circle to get a better view.

Anything you could think of the guys could do. Winking at me, Eric grabbed my wrist, tugging me into the competition. Jamming out to the new song, I pulled out my best moves, astonishing everyone. To no surprise all the guys wolf whistled, but I didn't care, I left my heart on the dance floor, giving my all. Most girls glared at me with envy, wanting to be me.

Breaths came in short pants, after I finished. My head started spinning causing my vision to blur. Grabbing a hold of Eric, I tried to gain my lost balance.

Losing ahold of my grip, the floor started coming closer. Closer. Falling ever so slowly. My heart beat pounded in my head, as it ricocheted off the wooden floor. Black spots clouded my vision, while I heard people gather around me.

"Viola? Viola, can you hear me?"

I wanted to answer his sweet, calming voice, but my mouth stayed shut, having a mind of it's own. I tried to at least shake my head, but the pounding increased as I tried.

I blinked a couple of times; however, my vision already darkened completely. "Eric?" I heard myself whisper in a raspy, dry voice that sounded nothing like mine. I heard nothing more.

My world turned pitch black.

--------

It could have been minutes, hours, days, but color finally returned to my eyes. Eric stood above me, concern filling his gray eyes.

"What happened?" I asked still in a daze.

"You just passed out. Are you ok?"

"Fine," I said pushing myself of the wooden floor from where I passed out.

"Are you sure?" he asked, helping me up.

"Yep," I said slightly loosing my footing again. "So, um, how long was I out?"

"A couple minutes," he replied smoothly, "If you were out any longer, we would have called the paramedics."

Stealing a glance at my watch, I realized the dance would be over in a couple minutes, but it looked like everyone already left or were just sitting around. Absolutely no one was on the dance floor.

"Should we find Harmony and Ashton?" I asked.

"I want one last dance with you," he murmured, bringing my hand up to his lips to kiss.

"You acting like this is the last time I'll see you," I whispered back.

"Well how do you know it won't be the last time?" he questioned.

"I've always had this feeling, Eric," I replied, "You won't leave me, I know you well enough, I won't doubt myself."

Walking over to the center of the dance floor I waited as he requested the last song of the night.

Scott McQuery's deep voice echoed throughout the hall as he sang his first known single, I Love You This Big. Placing my hands on Eric's shoulders I let him guide me across the floor. Spinning in slow circles, we covered the whole floor. With no one else dancing, I felt free, relaxed. For once my mind cleared without a thought. I never wanted this night to end. <3

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

This might be a little short, but at least I

found time to write. At the moment I'm on the bus for a band trip. There's a possibility I might upload something else, but I haven't decided what other story. I hope you enjoyed this part.

Be ready for a serious chapter next, but don't worry, I know you'll still love it.

-Midnightriter

P.S Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I'm not gonna give an excuse because I know that's not what you want to hear. I'll try to update again soon.