Listen to the Rain- Ch 3

Ch 3

Think about it... Does time speed up or slow down during a school day while you're waiting for winter holidays? Really, I want you to think about it.

The last four days blurred together, but today dragged endlessly. Even with the chattered filled classrooms, time felt as if it crawled purposely to aggravate me.

The bell finally rang, releasing us from classes. Only 4 more classes-

"Guess who," a voice interrupted my thoughts, while covering up my eyes. The voice was unmistakably British.

"Ashton, shouldn't you be doing this to your own girlfriend?" I inquired, trying to pry his fingers away. After my failed attempt, he finally let go.

Turning around Eric, Ashton and Harmony were all laughing. Apparently I wasn't in on the inside joke.

"What?" I asked, still not sure what was funny.

"I'll, tell, you, later," Harmony choked out between laughs.

Sometimes I didn't understand my own friends, so I just turned around to find my fourth period class.

Mrs. Crow handed out a simple essay assignment of a letter in a time capsule for our last grade of the semester.

Directions:

'In six years you will receive this letter you are writing yourself. It can be about anything including your goals, successes, crushes, secrets. Only you will read it. This will be for a completion grade only, so as your teacher I will not read anything you put in your letter.'

By the time I had finished my last paragraph, class only had five minutes left.

Time only flies if I'm occupied with something better then staring at the clock, I thought to myself. Quickly I reread through my letter and turned it in.

After English, I stopped by my locker to pick up my lunch, only to be stopped by Tim. "Hey," I said casually, while walking away from my locker, hoping he would take the hint.

"Um... I was wondering," he paused for a moment, "do you, um, by any chance, um, not have a date, um, for the formal tonight?"

"Sorry Tim, but I already have a date," I told him politely, "But I'm sure the underclassmen would love to go with you."

"Um, ok," he said, disappointment dripping in his whispered words.

I walked off, not wanting to deal with anyone else.

"Hey," I said, after arriving to our spot in the cafeteria.

Without even receiving a hello, I was dragged into the conversation, "So Viola, I'm coming over to your house right after school," stated Harmony.

"Yep, and Eric and Ashton are coming at 6. We are going to dinner, and then the dance starts at 8."

We excitedly chatted some more about tonight's events before lunch ended.

I guess the rest of the day wasn't too long as three classes passed. After I shut my locker, empty and bare, I found Harmony waiting patiently.

"Let's go!" I sang happily.

We raced into the parking lot, not caring that horns were being blared at us. Sliding into my car, I impatiently waited, trying to weave my way through the crowed parking lot.

Finally reaching the highway, I scurried back to my house. Wasting no time, I parked, pulled my keys out of the ignition, and ran inside to find Harmony already sitting at my vanity with both our dresses laid out on my bed.