Listen to the Rain- Ch 4 (Part 1)

Please read the authors note at the end.

Ch 4 (Part 1)

"That was delicious," I remarked as we walked out the car, "Now who's ready to dance their hearts out?"

Both guys looked at me thinking I was out of my mind, but I was ready to party. No one answered, although a smile played at the edge of Harmony's lips.

Eric, being a the gentleman he always is, opened my door and helped me in before he walked around the car.

The ride was silent, even with the four of us in the car.

Sitting shotgun always had it's advantages. I switched on the radio to find it tuned to 106.1 Kiss. This started chatter as are favorite song, as a group, Photograph by Nickelback, blared the speakers.

"Look at this photograph. Every time I do it makes me laugh. How did our eyes get so red, and what the hell is on Joey's head?"

Our voices mixed together wasn't the prettiest sound, but no one cared. We all just kept singing as if there was no worry in the world.

"Every memory of looking out the back door. I had the photo album spread out on my bedroom floor. It's hard to say it, time to say it. Goodbye, goodbye."

"Every memory of walking out the front door. I found the photo of the friend that I was looking for. It's hard to say it, time to say it. Goodbye, goodbye."

By the time the song ended, everyone was breathless. Talking and laughing the rest of the ride to the reception hall, Viveza High Impact Art Gallery, which is where formal was being held, entertained all of us.

As the car came to a stop, I quickly looked at myself in the mirror before sliding out of the car.

Eric gently held my hand as we walked toward the hall. He stopped right before the door, pulling out a white rose corsage. "I meant to get a sapphire rose, but there were none left," Eric said, his voice wavering.

"It's beautiful," I whispered, not disappointed at all.

Tonight was everything I could ask for, it was perfect. Moonlight danced across our skin. Starts glimmering in the almost black sky. A soft cool breeze tickled my warm skin, making me shiver.

He slipped the corsage onto my wrist, while his eyes were to locked mine. Words didn't need to be said. Emotions welled in both of our eyes as I grabbed the back of his neck, pulling him into a kiss.

My eyes fluttered close, as our lips touched tenderly, igniting sparks of desire within me. I felt weightless, soaring above everything. Tangling my hand in his milk chocolate colored hair, I pulled him closer, just as he started to pull away.

A sadden smile crept onto my face as I wasn't ready to stop kissing him, just yet. "Later," Eric murmured into my ear, knowing my thoughts.

I looked around to realize Harmony and Ashton had already gone inside. Eric wrapped his arm around my waist as I laid my head against his shoulder. Politely opening the door, Eric led me to the down the short hallway to a enchanting ballroom. Ceilings soared at twenty feet, modern artwork evenly plastered across each wall, and the dramatic snowflake covered backdrop behind the dance floor gave the room an elegant feel, but a upbeat drive.

I dragged Eric onto the fast tempo floor as he was trying to find other friends. "First dance is with me," I stated.

I threw my hands up in the air with the beat of the music as the song changed and everyone started singing, "I gotta feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night. That tonight's gonna be a good night. That tonight's gonna be a good good night."

More people flooded the already crowded dance floor. Energy buzzed through the group. I started to get crushed in the crowd, but that didn't stop me from singing and dancing.

"Go out and smash it. Like Oh My God. Jump off that sofa. Lets get get OFF. Fill up my cup (Drink). Mozolotov (Lahyme). Look at her dancing (Move it Move it). Just take it off. Lets paint the town. We'll shut it down. Lets burn the roof. And then we'll do it again."

Soon the song ended, sending upbeat crowd into a slow dance. "One more song," I whispered into Eric's ear, lacing my fingers into his.

Our eyes connected, leaving only him and I swaying to the beat. Song after song played; we continued dancing. I laid my head onto his shoulder right as the songs changed back to upbeat.

"Would you like me to get us some punch?" Eric asked.

"Sure."

As he made his way over to the punch table, I ran into Kayla, my old friend from middle school. We've grown apart, and I doubt she would remember me, but I said hello anyway.

"Viola?" she asked. I nodded. "O my gosh, you look beautiful tonight," she complemented me.

"Thanks, so do you." She was wearing a green dress that fitted her form at the top and gently flowed around her from the waist down.

"So who is your date tonight?" I questioned, trying to keep the conversation going.

"Alex Shielder," she responded simply, "You know him, right?"

"I've heard of the name, but I don't personally know him."

"He's such a sweet guy, I'll introduce you to him later, but he went to go get punch. I hope-" She was cut off mid sentence as the DJ made an announcement.

"Tonight is suppose to be about having fun, and every year there is a little competition. So to the juniors and seniors of Roosevelt High, I present your Ice Queen and Snow King of the 2011 winter formal. Wait... Before I tell you who is your Queen and King, can I get a drum roll please?"

The crowd was on there feet feeling anticipation in the air. The drum roll was soft, growing in sound just as Eric walked over to Kayla and I.

"You Ice Queen and Snow King of this winter formal is Viola Riccicardi and Eric Hunter."

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Hello all my readers!!

Sorry for the long wait, summer is just about over for me. I was hoping could've updating more, but things get in the way. I hope you enjoyed reading this, but this is only the first half of this chapter because I wanted to upload something before school starts tomorrow.

Also I just wanted to let you know I have started marching band and it doesn't end until November, so I don't know how much time I'll have to write. Don't worry though because after November I'm taking a creative writing class, so I should be able to write something in that class for one of my stories.

Sorry for this long note... And now I have to go.

<3 you all

Midnightriter