Say Something

Say something I'm giving up on you

I'll be the one if you want me to.

Anywhere I would have followed you

Say something I'm giving up on you

"Say something! Don't just stand there like an idiot! Speak to me!" I screamed over and over again but you refused to look at me.

Did I do something wrong? Did you stop loving me? Did we fall apart? Did you stop caring?

What went wrong for you to give me the silent treatment? Nothing. Nothing was wrong between us. You just refused to speak to me. Don't give me the silent treatment, it hurts. It hurts so much. Stop making my heart go through his ache, it's not fair!

"Please! One word! Say just one word!" I cry out in desperation. Your voice, I need to hear it. I yearn for it.

Yet you ignore me yet again. Stop standing there with your face directed towards me without uttering a single syllable in my presence! Stop standing there like you're made of stone! Say something to me. Anything! An insult! A curse! A name! A profanity! Anything just don't let me suffer in this silence! Say something to me. Assure me that we're fine! Assure me that you're not leaving me! Assure me that I'm just being delusional! Pinch me! Slap me! Show me a sign that you can hear me!

And I...

Will swallow my pride

You're the one that I love

"And I'm saying goodbye"

You whispered barely above your breath. I didn't understand. This was how you were going to end it? A goodbye without a proper explanation? I deserve one. I need one. You can't just abandon me and expect everything to be okay! Don't do this to me! We can work it out! We can fix this! We can mend it! There has to be something that we can do! Don't leave me behind! Don't walk away! Please don't walk away from me!

Say something

I cupped your face with my hands, but you acted like you didn't even feel them. I couldn't feel them. Had I turned cold from your confession? There were tears running down your cheeks and I couldn't feel the dampness under my palms. The sobs rattling in your chest didn't escape my ears. But I couldn't do anything to comfort you. I realize that now. What warming love we once had died before we even knew it. We couldn't stop it. It was inevitable, it just came too soon. It was too sudden. We weren't ready for the drastic change. We should have known better than to believe that we could defeat it. There was no actual hope for us, was there?

I watched you leave me behind with emptiness in my heart. You could look back, but would you even see me? Would you listen to me? Would you want me again? The most frivolous of questions that could only be answered with a mournful 'No'. You wouldn't see me. You wouldn't listen to me. You wouldn't want me. You wouldn't because our love has long been overdue for an end. We were both too stubborn and reluctant to face the reality.

August 13th, 2013...

The date carved neatly into my beloved tomb stone. We were both fools, weren't we? We believed that we could defeat the hand dealt to us by death. We were wrong and we both paid a price. You with the guilt and me with death. Maybe if we didn't recklessly drive that night we could be together right now. Maybe if we tried to be better people, we could have lived a life together. Maybe. Maybe. Maybe. Maybe is nothing but a dream now.

I'm giving up on you.