One Day (Part 1)

They're not gonna keep me down

They're not gonna shut me out

They're gonna do what they do, I'll do me

I'm moving against the crowd

I'm drowning out the doubt

They're gonna do what they do, I'll do

Something original, be unforgettable

They're gonna know my name

Gracefully he danced across the polished wooden floor panels. His teacher counted each teach step he made, vocalized any mistakes, prompted him to show more grace, encouraged him to add more emotion into his movements.

The sweet piano melodies of Yiruma bounced off of the walls and fluttered around him. He spun and pivoted. Leaped and twirled. Let the music take control of him. Just as he became more and more engrossed in his performance. Loud snickering and mocking forcefully yanked him out of his concentration.

" Look guys! The faggot is doing ballet! ".

 " What a little bitch! ".

" Hey princess! Keep dancing! ".

Embarrassment over took his entire body. He stood stiffly still and looked down at his feet. His ballet teacher screamed and demanded that the football players leave before she slapped some sense into them. He didn't want to be in the spotlight anymore. He rushed to pick up his gym bag and escaped to the changing room while his teacher watched him with sadden eyes.

 When he came out, his teacher quickly stopped him. The look on her face made him know exactly what she was going to say and he didn't want to hear it.

 " Listen to me. You have talent. More talent than I have ever seen. Don't hide it just because a couple of idiots make fun of you ".

 She doesn't understand. She won't understand.

 " You can do ballet. It's your calling. You're amazing and to let that go to waste is killing off another future unique individual. Individuality is what makes you, you. If we were all the same, the world would be a boring place ".

 Why is she trying to make him feel better? Why is she trying to help him? Why isn't she like anyone else who would stereotypically make fun of him?

" You'll understand one day ".

 And then she left. Just like that. Leaving him to contemplate her words.

I've been afraid before,

To reach for something more

But now I see that it's mine, I'll take it

Just go ahead and try,

You're not gonna change my mind

There's no such thing as too late

Yeah!

As a cheerleader, she's expected to prance around with her pom poms and mini skirts. Giggle at the stupidest jokes and act like she doesn't know jack squat about her academics. She's expected to always be chipper and look down at her classmates because she's part of the royal cheer leading squad.

But not her. She isn't like that. She's a sweetheart, she's a caring person, she's a loving person, she's a helpful person. However, she's terrified what will happen if her fellow cheerleaders find out about this part of her. With them, she's rude, she's cold, she's a bitch, she's a ditz, she's a popular princess. But, when she isn't with them, she's a bookworm, she's a genius, she's friends with everyone.

 She sat in the science lab by herself. Before her were test tubes filled with chemicals. Clothed in a white lab coat, goggles, and gloves, she was working on her science fair project. Not that she would tell anyone that. She didn't think that anyone would be able to find her.

 How wrong she was.

 The lab doors swung open and in stumbled a cheerleader and her boyfriend passionately making out. Horror came across her features when the pair pulled apart with lustful smiles and finally took notice of the cheerleader who was working by herself in the science lab with test tubes in front of her.

" Are you a nerd?! ", the cheerleader screeched in her high pitched pig squeaky voice.

She didn't know how to reply. This was something that she didn't want anyone to know, especially not one of her fellow cheerleaders of even a football player. Sweat rolled down the side of her head as she desperately tried to come up with some sort of lie that sounded believable.

 " And what is wrong with her being a supposed nerd? ", asked the girl's childhood friend, who stopped speaking to her after the girl got into the cheer leading squad. " Is it because it proves that she's smarter than you? Is it because it proves that she's better than you? ".

 The cheerleader sneered at the girl's childhood best friend, " It makes her unworthy of the cheer leading pom poms! We don't need some nerd dirtying our name ".

 " And she doesn't need a hormonal brainless slut like you as an acquaintance ", the girl's childhood snapped back with a growl. Then her eyes turned dull as she looked over at the stunned girl, " One day she'll understand that she didn't need to be a cheerleader in order to be popular. She just needed to be herself ".

(One day) I'll make you a believer

(One day) I got this all I need is

(One day) Don't try to tell me I can't

(Right now) I'm writing the future

(Watch out) Won't stop I'm a mover

(One day) You're gonna know who I am (know who I am)

I will fly high and free

It's my fate wait and see one day