Chapter Five

I'm going to kill him! Better yet torture him, that's what I will do. I will tie him to a chair and have him watch hours upon hours of nothing but boobs! That will teach him to mess with things he should not have.

"I'm sorry, Kit Kat." I'm not talking to you. What gives you the right to meddle in my love life? Or lack thereof. "Bestie!" Do not give me that look. "Please forgive me." Jiminy crickets!

"Not once have I meddled into whomever you have dated." Even though I'm not dating like at all right now, but still! "Did I interfere when you swore up and down about Zach? Or how about Rodrigo. That was a disaster waiting to happen. You asked my opinion I gave it, but not once did I interfere!"

"I get it, okay. I just want you to be happy."

"I am happy."

"With someone, Kat." I love you but not everything is about being with someone. I can be perfectly happy on my own. "Do not let what Dylan did deter you from finding someone again."

"Please don't bring him up again." Rubbing my fingers across the scar reminds me of what happens when you get too comfortable with someone.

"Stop it! If he wasn't in jail, I'd put him there myself!" Pulling Josh into a hug because we both need it at the moment. "You can't deny there was some kind of chemistry between you and Johnny boy."

I go to protest, but my cheeks heat up just thinking of that man. "I'm scared." I have every right to be.

"You know Maria will not let anything happen to you." I love that woman. She can scare the crap of the most masculine, intimidating men out there. Bless her soul. "Besides it's on me." Stop smiling at me that way.

"Maria, wouldn't let you pay no matter what."

"True. Seriously though. What do you got to lose?" Everything! "You might regret it if you don't." I might regret it if I do.

"Fine! This is it though. Because if anything bad happens, do not mess with my 'dating life' ever again."

"Deal! Now get ready or you are going to be late."

"What?!" Oh, I am definitely going to kill him. "You know what, I'm going just like this if he doesn't like it, so be it."

"My driver is waiting for you."

"I could drive myself. You don't need to drag poor Henry into this."

"It's on my father's dime. If he thinks I am going to bow to his command and take over the business, he is sadly mistaken. He wants to torture me. I will make him spend his money paying his employees extra."

"Fine. I better go then." Kissing his cheek I grabbed my purse. "You might want to check your phone." I dash out the door because I know what is about to happen in 3...2...1.

"Katrina! Why the hell would you send me pictures of boobs?! Oh, damn it my eyes!"

"Love you, bestie. Bye!"

"I'll get you for this!" Good luck trying.

The whole ride to Lil Tuscany I'm a nervous wreck. Johnny. Just thinking his name does things to my body I have not had happen in so long. What is it about the guy that draws me to him? I barely know the man.

"We are here Miss Stephens."

"Thank you, Henry. Please just call me Kat."

"Just give me a call when you need me to pick you up Kat." Smiling at him because I think he just likes to rile me up with the formalities.

"Will do."

Stepping out of the town car I make my way over to the unique little restaurant I have ever seen. The bell chimes and the moment I step in I am greeted with Maria smiling at me.