Breathing Fine

¢нαρтєя 40:Breathing Fine

•Quincy•

"Okay, Mr.and Mrs.Brown, good news and bad news. Good news is Harley here is showing signs of improvement. He should be recovering soon."

"So what's the bad part?" Hawaii asks impatiently. "Well, you see, Harley is very weak. He's a very strong baby, but I'm a bit worried about him." "Well, can't you give him some medicine or something?" Hawaii asks.

"I'm afraid it doesn't work like that, Mrs.Brown. I hate to say this, but if he gets any weaker, he might have to be admitted into the NICU." "My baby is not staying in a hospital", Hawaii says as she shakes her head.

"Mrs.Brown, I'm just telling you what would be best for Harley." "Well, I appreciate your help, Dr. Stewart." Hawaii cradles Harley in her arms as she quickly gets up and leaves. I follow behind her and help her get into the car, putting Harley in the backseat.

The whole car ride, Hawaii just stares out the window in a disturbing silence. "Baby, you alright?" I ask with my eyes on the road. "No, Quincy. I'm not", she says, her voice cracking.

"Baby, please don't cry. Look, we just have to look on the bright side-" "What 'bright side', Quincy?! There is no fucking bright side. Your positive ass attitude is really killing me", she groans as she puts her hand over her forehead. She's getting a headache.

"Sorry", I mumble, not daring to say more. What else could possibly go wrong?

•Karrueche•

Chris and I laugh as we walk onset for one of his photo shoots. I fix the clothes that I have to wear for this frame. My smile fades and I cringe when I see her walk on set as well, wearing slightly more revealing clothes than me. Slut.

"Uh, what is she doing here?" I ask Chris. "She models for me too, Rue. Don't be rude", he instructs me. I think he should be telling that to her.

She stands on the set with a mean mug on her face and you can tell it's there to stay. "Okay, Chris, I want you to sit on our nice, comfy sofa right here", the photographer says. Chris sits on a spotless, white, plush couch and gets comfortable.

"Alright, Ms.Karrueche. You can take a seat right beside Chris. Kinda drape your legs across his lap", he instructs me. I do exactly that, crossing my legs across Chris' lap. "And the beautiful Ms.Cree, I want you to stand behind the couch, sort standing of over Karrueche and Chris."

Cree hesitantly moves with her arms crossed and she eventually gets into her spot. "Perfect", the photographer smiles. He runs and gets his camera, snapping shots of us. I still don't understand why Cree is here. "Alright, Karrueche, I need you to be affectionate to Chris."

I put my hand on his cheek and smile at him, leaning in close, kissing him, just going all out. "Alright, now Cree, I need you to show Chris a little love as well." Cree glides her hand down Chris' chest, sending jealousy throughout my body.

Chris softly touches her forearm, but keeps his eyes on me. We kiss once again, but when I open my eyes, I see Cree with her head on Chris' shoulder, hands now fully inside his shirt.

"Okay, I'm done", I say as I quickly get up. "Rue, what're you doing?" Chris asks. Cree blows out an annoyed breath as she leans on the couch. I don't care though. I just walk off. "Rue", Chris says once he catches up to me. "What?" I snap as I turn around.

"What's the matter, baby?" He asks. "Are you kidding, Chris? You brought that bitch up on this photo shoot just so she can feel and touch on you?" I quip angrily.

"Baby, I didn't even kno-" "Whatever, Chris. I'm out. Have fun with your photo shoot", I say. And with that, I'm off.

•Chris•

I sigh as Karrueche walks off, her heels clicking with every step she takes. I shrug and walk back to set where Cree is now sitting on the couch as she types impatiently on her phone. "Is everything alright?" The photographer asks. "Yeah, everything's fine. She's just a bit upset. She'll be alright though", I inform him. He nods and forms an 'o' shape with his mouth.

"Well, the show must go on", Cree smirks as she runs her hand along the couch. Once again, I shrug and head over to the couch. Cree comes around and sits directly on my lap. Rue needs to chill.

•Diggy•

I watch as she tickles Farrow until he is screeching for her to stop. She sits back and laughs as he falls until her lap. "Farrow, did you miss me?" She asks. Farrow shakes his head deviously and she gasps. "You didn't?! I missed you!" She exclaims and he giggles as he falls back onto her lap.

"I know your daddy probably missed me as well. He's just to prideful to admit it", she smirks. "Don't you wish", I mumble. "Oh, really? Well, why did you just so happen to call me over here?" She quips.

I shrug. "I just thought it would be nice for us to talk again before I leave for my tour", I say nonchalantly. "So what I'm hearing is you wanted some for the road", she laughs. But, I don't find it funny. "Whatever happened to that other hoe?" She asks.

I roll my eyes at her. "Let's not talk about-" "Why did you really call me over?" She says, cutting me off. "If you don't want to be here, you certainly don't have to stay", I snap. She smirks and grabs her black Michael Kors purse. "I have to run anyways. See you later, Dig", Adrienne waves off.

I watch as she walks out of my house, probably out of my life. What was I thinking?

•Cree•

I skip up the steps and knock on Diggy's front door. He opens and just stares at me. "Can I...come in?" I ask, looking at him like he's stupid. All of a sudden, Diggy grabs me and pulls me close to him. My head starts to spin when he attacks me with a longing kiss, one that he seemed to be harboring for a while.

When he pulls away, it takes me a while to open my eyes. "W-what was that?" I ask. "Cree, I need you." "What are you talking about, Diggy?" I ask. Has this nigga lost his mind? "Marry me, Cree."

This time, I say it out loud. "Have you lost your mind?" I ask in all seriousness. "No, but I think I just might. Cree, I want to wake up next to you. I miss seeing you when Farrow is upset or if he falls and scrapes his knee-"

"Farrow fell and scraped his knee?" "Shh, that's besides the point." I narrow my eyes at him before he continues. "The point is I need you. Please, Cree. Say you'll marry me", he says as he looks me in my eyes.

"Diggy, I-There's too much going on right now", I sigh. "Cree, that nigga don't love you like I do. He's just using you, baby-" "You don't know him. He does have feelings for me." "Oh, really? Is that why he be hugged up with his supermodel girlfriend and sneaks you around when she's on her business trips?"

I stutter, not knowing what to say. "Cree, I love you, baby", Diggy says once again. That's when he reaches behind him and pulls out a ring. But, it's different than the one he had before. The diamond is definitely bigger and it's definitely more beautiful.

For the second time, he gets on his knee and holds the ring up, looking at my eyes for an answer. I can't help it. I smile and nod and his smile lights up, brighter than I've ever seen. I look behind Diggy and see Farrow waddle up to the both of us.

Farrow reaches for his mouth, taking out his pacifier and stretches it upward to me. "Yes, I'll marry you too, Farrow", I laugh and he giggles at me. I really hope I'm doing the right thing.

*This is my fourtieth chapter and I couldn't be happier! Thank you all for your constant love and support, you have no idea what it means to me. I wouldn't do this if it weren't for you all! Love you all!*

Love you xoxo-Jakayla