More Than Friends

Siobhan and Vivian have become closer as time has gone on. They have meetings once a week where they take time to get to know each other while Vivian tries to pry away at the wall Siobhan has built around herself.

Vivian and Siobhan's feelings for one another have grown into something more but neither woman would dare ruin their friendship. They'd rather be in each others lives than not at all. But both woman were very curious if the other felt the same.

"Hiya, one black americano." Vivian smiled as she entered the family room and shut the door behind her. Siobhan smiled and looked up at her friend. "Thank you Viv." She said happily. Siobhan's home life had gotten increasingly worse in the last week. She had found out that Rodger was sleeping with another woman. That alone didn't hurt the blonde but it hurt that he kept her in such a tight leash but could sleep with whoever.

Siobhan was brave enough to bring it up to Rodger and in turn he proposed. Siobhan felt stuck she felt so much fear if she were to say no. She had no idea what he was truly capable of. She hadn't told anyone and did her best to hide the giant rock that weighed down her left hand.

She wanted to especially hide it from Vivian. She loved Vivian and the thought of Vivian's face looking at her with disgust or disappointment terrified the blonde.

"Siobhan? You there?" Vivian's voice rang breaking her from her trance. "Hm? Sorry, yes." Siobhan replied focusing on her friend. "Siobhan what's up?" Vivian questioned. The two women could read eachother so well. Sometimes Siobhan hated it.

"Nothing, I just didn't get much sleep last night. How's your mom doing?" Siobhan asked trying to change the subject. Vivian knew what the blonde was doing but chose to play along choosing to circle back to it later.

"Oh she's doing a lot better they're letting her out of the hospital later today. Lots of bed rest but she'll be ok." Vivian said happily. Her mom had recently gotten in a car accident and Vivian had received the phone call during their last "meeting".

"I'm glad she's alright I've been thinking about you... her.. thinking about her a lot this week." Siobhan stuttered. Vivian smirked and they continued on in their conversation.

The two women found it so easy to talk to eachother, constantly laughing and smiling. Vivian loved hearing Siobhan's laugh and it made her even happier thinking about how she's more than likely the only one that hears it.

Siobhan shifted in her seat and fixed her hair with her left hand while talking to her friend. Siobhan noticed how fast Vivian's gaze went elsewhere. She immediately pulled her hand down covering it with her other one.

She looked nervously at Vivian who just stared at her in confusion. "Siobhan.... Tell me that's not what I think it is." Vivian said standing and moving closer to her friend. Siobhan was frozen and at a loss for words. She didn't know what to say and when she tried nothing happened.

Vivian gently grabbed the blondes left hand and looked at the ring sitting on her finger. She took a deep breath and looked at Siobhan in the eyes holding a firm expression. "Is this really what you want?" Vivian asked as she thumb gently stroked Siobhan's hand.

Siobhan looked away and said ever so quietly, "yes..." Vivian shook her head and gently moved Siobhan's face to look at her. "Say that again to me while looking at me. Then I'll believe you." She said firmly but still in a gentle tone as to not scare the blonde.

"I..." Siobhan looked down. "Siobhan.... Don't do this." Vivian tried not to beg as she knelt down to meet Siobhan's gaze. "I don't have a choice Viv. Without him I'm nothing. I'll have nothing. What will I do." Siobhan said as tears slipped down her face. "You have me." Vivian said cupping her friends face and wiping away the tears.

Siobhan let out a small laugh, "Viv..." she started but was quickly interrupted. "No Siobhan listen to me. You have me. I didn't want to tell you this because I cherish our friendship and I never ever want to see a day that you're not in my life but listen. Siobhan I like you, honestly I'm falling in love with you. I've wanted to be more than friends since the day I met you. You have me." Vivian said, tears now coming down her face as she realized her honesty came rushing out.

Siobhan's eyes went wide as she stared at the woman on her knees in front of her. "You what..." Siobhan said needing to hear it again. "Siobhan I love you." Vivian repeated finally meeting the blondes gaze.

Siobhan sat there in shock for a few minutes, Vivian suddenly felt very exposed and started to stand to make her way out of the room. Before she could stand Siobhan pushed her back to the ground also getting down in her level. She cupped Vivian's face and looked into her eyes.

Siobhan slowly leaned in and heard a little gasp come from Viv as their lips gently touched. The first kiss was gentle and short. Both women pulling away. Siobhan's fingers made their way to her lips, she'd never felt anything when she kissed someone but she felt everything when her lips met Vivs.

Vivian threaded her fingers through blonde hair and pulled her back in kissing her passionately. This kiss lasted several minutes and they only pulled away when air became an issue. "What do I do Viv." Siobhan said unsure of what to do about Rodger.

Viv caressed the blondes face and said "take the ring off Siobhan. Walk away. I'll be right next to you the whole time." Vivian said hopeful. She watched as Siobhan pulled the ring off her finger slowly. The weight of that ring and her relationship finally disappeared. She placed it on the table next to them and kissed Vivian passionately again. She pulled away and smiled.

"I love you too Vivian."