Chapter 8 - The Ball : JT in da house!

AHHHH DON'T KILL ME!!

I had to finaly get this out there, it's a really wierd chapter in my opinion, but it had to be done.

Enjoy this well deserved chapter You all have been waiting for :D

We were now stood in the elevator. The grand elevator. It was beautiful; I still couldn't get over how mesmerizing and sparkly it was. Not too much, but just right.

*ding*

As the doors opened, there was a sudden rush of noise, that was only faintly heard when the doors were closed. People were bustling in every direction. Some women in wonderful evening gowns, some men in expertly tailored tuxes, and then there were actually some women who just looked... Their look was so out of this world that I was speechless.

And just so you know; by out of this world I meant they looked like spoiled, rich, sluts *cough* brats. I meant brats.

"Wow," Amelia breathed next to me, "Some of these chicks have a really extravagant style," I laughed.

"I know right. I mean, look at that one," I nodded my head in a particular girl direction, "I bet that dress was specially made to have a breast hanging out and look way to small on..." We laughed together, and we even caught Josh smirking on the side.

"Shall we make our way to the ball room now?" He asked, but I think he meant it as more of a statement. I wonder if he already got to experience the wrath of the one and only Amelia Jackson. He was probably worried what two of us would come to. Ha ha, sweet. 

We were two corridors away and I could already here the beat of the drums, strum of the guitar and the burst of the saxophone. It sounded absolutely beautiful!!

I intertwined my arm with Amelia's and slightly closed my eyes - while walking. ( A great skill I have perfected when in my rebel stage, waiting tables instead of having work experience in my parents businesses). We both had a thing for saxophones, and I could only hope that she wasn't doing the same things as me, for I wasn't sure if Josh would have as great a control over two closed eyed females as Amelia had of our trio back in America, when she visited with Megan... (But that's another story).

Anyway, I was so mesmerized by the sound that I didn't even feel a jabbing at my side until I was fully smacked and pinched on my arm. OWW!!

"Ow! What was that for?!" I asked, giving Amelia a pained death glare.

Stroking my arm in the aggravated area, she just looked at me as if I was stupid and knew exactly why she did that. I just looked away, I wasn't going to win the argument that was sure to come if I objected to daydreaming, and we both knew it.

"Look," she simply stated. And I did. What I saw was nothing I had ever expected my eyes to have the privilege of seeing in reality. I had never expected to be part of anything so magnificent as the sight before us. No words could describe the striking decor of the grand room. The size itself was to big to be simply considered a room. I would be able to fit about 2 or 4 of my apartment... My apartment, I wonder- NO! I will not think about that now. Ugh.

The actual simplicity of the decor is what really caught me. There was a certain style, but it was not over baring, or eye - poppingly bright or over the top. There was just the right amount of everything; the colour shade, the lighting, tables, chairs, waiters. Everything was so in sync, but yet it was so original. It wasn't the sort of sync where all the waiters moved around like robots or tables had to be in an exact direction and an exact shape. No, the tables for one where a kind of shape that was imperfect - unrepeatable - with jagged yet smooth edges, different on each side, each table. The waiters had kind, friendly faces; not the kind that smile at you and then when you look away it drops - The English Smile I call it. Nuh uh, you could tell that the waiters wanted to be there, or even if not, they still enjoyed themselves. I could even see some having a  little conversation with some of the guests.