chapter 6: Phone Call

"What does that mean!?" Sky was freaking out right now, what a day this turned out to be and she thought the drama ended after Pahkitew Island. "Will I lose control and hurt the ones I love?!"

"Relax dear, everything is going to be fine," Robert attempted to soothe. "You just triggered your abilities... It had to happen sooner or later. You'll have those abilities under control soon, I assure you."

Sky smiled, that made her feel a little bit better. "Thanks, Dad."

"Now I've been thinking some things over and I believe that Jessie should go with you to see your cousins, but, promise you'll keep a close eye on your sister." Robert informed, then advised with caution.

"Don't worry, Dad, she'll be with me and I will keep a close eye on her, I promise." Sky vowed.

"Thank you, Skylar." Robert smiled, very proud of her dedication to looking after her little sister.

"So, when can we visit them?"

"Possibly tomorrow... Here, let me call them."

Robert picked up the phone and dialed a number to alert Sky's cousins about her arrival with little Jessie.

Over at the Mazinsky's house, the siblings were doing their own little thing. Mike was reading her favorite comic book, Jen was reading a magazine, and Jamie was watching TV, and all of the sudden the phone started to ring.

"I'll get it," Jamie told his younger sisters, then went to answer the phone. "Hello?... Oh, hey Uncle Robert. It's been a while."

"Uncle Robert?" Jen and Mike didn't remember him.

"Oh, we're doing good, how's Aunt Theresa?" Jamie asked with a smile, but then quickly frowned because of what happened to the woman of the Podemski family. "What?... Oh man, I'm sorry to hear that... You want us to what? ...Oh yeah, sure, they can come. We'll see them tomorrow afternoon... All right, see them tomorrow, okay... Bye." he then hung up and saw the confused looks of his younger sisters.

"Jamie, who's Uncle Robert?" Mike spoke up, of course being the youngest, she was the most curious about relatives she didn't remember.

"Or Aunt Theresa?" Jen added, not really remembering them either.

"Aunt Theresa was Mom's sister." Jamie explained with a smile.

"Her sister?" Jen and Mike asked each other.

"I didn't know Mom had a sister." Mike spoke up.

"Me neither." Jen added with a shrug.

"Well that's because Aunt Thersea was there after I was born and she came to my third birthday, she stopped visiting after she got married and had children of her own." Jamie explained.

"How did she die?" Mike asked with a frown, knowing that her aunt had to have been dead by now due to the public's hatred for Wolf-Shadow people.

"After her second child was born, her heart couldn't take it anymore... So, it stopped beating." Jamie then frowned, Theresa had died in childbirth and not by murder by evil ones.

Jen gasped in fear. "That's awful!"

"Also, she has the same abilities as Mom." Jamie then added.

"Really!?" Mike sounded delighted. "So, that means our cousins have the same abilities."

"Who are our cousins?" Jen asked in vast interest then.

"Two girls, one is sixteen and the other is seven," Jamie described from what he knew. "Their names are Skylar and Jessie. To answer your question, Mike, Skylar has the abilities and not Jessie."

"Oh well..." Mike shrugged with a frown. "When are they coming?"

"Tomorrow afternoon." Jamie declared.

Back over at the Podemski house...

"Well Dad?" Sky asked after her father had hung up the phone with Jamie.

"You can go over tomorrow afternoon, so you better start packing and help your sister as well." Robert confirmed.

"Okay, Dad!" Sky cheered and then left to go do just that.