chapter 7

The Press Conference

Ji-hyun and Damii prepared for the press conference with nervousness and fear. They had seen the people's comments on the internet, criticizing them harshly. As they entered the hall, they saw many media personnel and cameras pointing at them.

The journalists began to ask questions: "How can you announce your engagement like this? Were you in a relationship before? Or did Damii cheat on Jungkook?" Ji-hyun and Damii exchanged nervous glances, knowing they were in trouble

Damii's voice trembled as she spoke: "We...we just wanted to make it official."

Ji-hyun added: "Yes, we're in love, and we want to spend the rest of our lives together."

But the journalists didn't buy their story. "That's not what we're asking," one of them said. "We want to know if you were in a relationship before, or if Damii cheated on Jungkook."

Ji-hyun's face turned red with anger, but Damii just looked scared. "We...we don't have to answer that," Ji-hyun said finally.

But the journalists kept pressing. "Yes, you do," one of them said. "The public has a right to know the truth."

After a moment of silence, Ji-hyun spoke up again. "It's...it's because of business," he said, his voice barely above a whisper.

But the journalists just laughed. "Business?" one of them repeated. "You expect us to believe that?"

Damii looked like she was about to cry. "Just leave us alone," she begged.

Finally, Ji-hyun and Damii announced that they would get married in a week and quickly left the hall, their legs shaking.

As they walked out, Damii turned to Ji-hyun and whispered: "What have we done? This is a disaster."

Ji-hyun didn't answer, knowing they had gone too far. He just kept walking, his heart heavy with regret.

"I told you we shouldn't have done this," Damii said, her voice trembling.

Ji-hyun just shook his head. "It's too late now," he said. "We have to face the consequences."

Damii started to cry, and Ji-hyun just put his arm around her, feeling helpless. They had made a mistake, and now they had to pay for it.

Jungkook's Audition

Jungkook had sent Taehyung his dance and singing video for audition, and Taehyung had put it on the KTH Entertainment company website. He had also created a poll for the public to vote on whether they wanted Jungkook to become a solo idol or not.

Jungkook was nervous, but excited to see the response. And respond they did. The Korea public was in shock at Jungkook's talent, and they voted and commented in droves.

 The Korea public was in shock at Jungkook's talent, and they voted and commented in droves

"Wow, this guy can really dance and sing!" said one commenter.

"I know, right? He's so talented!" replied another.

"I've never seen anyone like him before. He's got the whole package!" said a third.

As the votes poured in, Jungkook gained followers and fans. People started making fan pages for him, and they wanted him to become an idol.

But not everyone was happy about Jungkook's newfound fame. His parents, especially his mother, were furious.

"How could you do this, Jungkook?" his mother shouted. "We never wanted you to be in the public eye!"

"I know, Mother, but this is my dream," Jungkook replied calmly. "I want to be a singer and dancer."

"But what about the scandal?" his father asked. "What about the rape case? We can't let you ruin our family's reputation."

"That was all a lie, Father," Jungkook said. "I didn't do anything wrong. And now, I have a chance to prove it."

His parents looked at each other, unsure of what to do. They had always wanted to keep Jungkook out of the spotlight, but now it seemed like he was determined to follow his dreams.

"We'll talk about this later," his mother said finally. "But for now, let's just focus on getting through this."

Meanwhile, Jungkook was sitting with his friends Jin, Hobi, Namjoon, and Jimin, waiting for the results of the poll. His friends were also seeing the comments and votes, and they were thrilled that Jungkook was finally getting his chance.

"This is amazing!" Jin exclaimed. "You're really doing it, Jungkook!"

"I know, right?" Hobi said. "You're going to be a star!"

Namjoon and Jimin nodded in agreement, grinning from ear to ear.

But Jungkook's parents were not happy. They were confused and angry, and they didn't know what to do.

"Why is KTH Entertainment helping him?" his mother asked. "Don't they know about the scandal?"

"I don't know," his father replied. "But we need to do something. We can't let Jungkook ruin our family's reputation."

As the hours ticked by, Jungkook and his friends anxiously waited for the results of the poll. They refreshed the page every few minutes, watching as the votes continued to pour in.

"I can't believe it," Jungkook said, his eyes wide with excitement. "I never thought I'd get this many votes."

"You deserve it," Jin said, clapping him on the back. "You're an amazing dancer and singer."

"Yeah, and you're finally getting the recognition you deserve," Hobi added.

Namjoon and Jimin nodded in agreement, grinning from ear to ear.

But as the waiting game continued, Jungkook's parents grew more and more agitated. They paced back and forth in their living room, trying to come up with a plan to stop Jungkook's rising fame.

"We can't let this happen," his mother said, her voice tight with worry. "We have to do something."

"I know," his father replied. "But what? We can't just stop the poll. It's already gone viral."

"Maybe we can talk to Taehyung," his mother suggested. "Convince him to take the video down."

"But why would he do that?" his father asked. "He's the one who posted it in the first place."

As the debate continued, Jungkook and his friends waited anxiously for the results. They knew that their lives were about to change forever, and they were both excited and terrified.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the results were in. Jungkook's heart skipped a beat as he saw the numbers.

"Guys, look!" he exclaimed, his voice trembling with excitement. "I did it! I really did it!"

His friends cheered and hugged him, tears of joy streaming down their faces.

But Jungkook's parents were not happy. They saw the results and knew that their worst fears had come true.

"No," his mother whispered, her eyes wide with horror. "This can't be happening."

"It's too late now," his father said grimly. "We'll just have to deal with the consequences."

___________________________________________

Please do vote and comment 🙏🏻

Hope you all love this chapter ✌🏻

Lumina love you all ❤️