chapter 17

Jungkook walked into the KTH Entertainment company, his mind consumed by the weight of responsibility. As a trainee, he had always focused on his music and performance, but now, his family's legacy hung in the balance.

He entered his studio, the familiar surroundings offering little comfort. Jungkook's eyes wandered to the photos on his wall, memories of happier times with his family and friends. His grandfather's smiling face caught his attention, and Jungkook's heart swelled with determination.

He couldn't let his grandfather down.

Jungkook took a deep breath and picked up his phone, dialing his grandfather's number. His hands trembled slightly as he waited for the call to connect.

"Hello, Grandpa. How are you?" Jungkook asked, trying to sound calm, but his voice betrayed his anxiety.

"I'm good, Kookie. How are you?" his grandfather replied, his warm tone a soothing balm to Jungkook's frazzled nerves.

Jungkook's eyes dropped, his gaze tracing the patterns on the floor. "I'm also good, Grandpa. Actually, Grandpa, I want to talk to you about something important."

His grandfather's attentive silence encouraged Jungkook to continue.

"It's about Jeon Enterprises, Grandpa. You know how Hyung's arrest has affected the company?" Jungkook's voice cracked, the words tumbling out in a rush.

"Yes, Kookie. I'm aware. What's on your mind?" his grandfather asked, his voice measured and reassuring.

Jungkook took another deep breath, his heart pounding. "The investors are taking back their money, and they gave me one week to find the best CEO for the company. I thought... if Namjoon Hyung took over our company..." Jungkook's voice trailed off, uncertainty creeping in.

The line remained silent for a moment before his grandfather spoke.

"Namjoon is a capable person, Kookie. I trust him."

Jungkook's eyes welled up with tears, relief washing over him. "Really, Grandpa? You trust him?"

"Of course, Kookie. Namjoon has always been a responsible and intelligent individual. I have no doubt he'll steer Jeon Enterprises back on track."

Jungkook's shoulders sagged, the weight lifting off his chest. "Thank you, Grandpa. Namjoon Hyung won't disappoint you, I promise."

"I know, Kookie. You're a good kid. You think about our company's well-being, and that means the world to me."

A lump formed in Jungkook's throat as he struggled to contain his emotions.

"How can I not, Grandpa? It's your hard work, and I won't let anyone ruin it," Jungkook replied, his voice shaking.

His grandfather chuckled, a warm, comforting sound. "Now, stop making me emotional."

Jungkook smiled through tears, feeling a sense of gratitude toward his grandfather. "Sorry, Grandpa."

The two shared a moment of silence, the connection between them palpable.

"I'll come to Seoul in two days and announce Namjoon as the new CEO," his grandfather said, breaking the silence.

"Thank you, Grandpa. I'll make sure everything is ready."

"I know you will, Kookie. You're my pride and joy."

As they exchanged affectionate words, Jungkook felt his anxiety dissipate, replaced by a sense of hope and determination.

When they hung up, Jungkook collapsed onto his couch, exhausted but relieved. He knew that with Namjoon on board, Jeon Enterprises would thrive once again.