chapter 16

It had been a week since Taehyung and Jungkook started dating, and everything was going smoothly. Jungkook was sleeping peacefully when he received a call from Jeon Enterprises early in the morning. He groggily picked up the phone and said, "Hello, who are you?"

The person on the other end introduced himself as Kim Jihoon, the head chef of Jeon Enterprises. Jungkook's eyes widened as he sat up in bed, suddenly alert.

"Hello, tell me what happened?" Jungkook asked, his voice firm and concerned.

Jihoon explained the dire situation: the company was in a terrible state, investors were pulling out, and contracts were being terminated. Jungkook's heart sank, thinking about his grandfather's hard work and dedication to the company. He couldn't let it all go in vain.

"Sir, company is in really bad condition. Every investor is taking back their money and many companies are taking back their contract. Sir, I don't know what should I do anymore. I call your parents but they're not responding to anything," Jihoon said, sounding worried.

Jungkook's eyes widened in concern. If it was his father's company, he wouldn't be worried, but it was his grandfather's company, and he couldn't let his hard work go in vain.

"Mr. Kim, call a board meeting. I will be there," Jungkook said, his voice confident and determined.

"Ok, Mr. Jeon. Thank you," Jihoon replied, sounding relieved.

After hanging up the call, Jungkook asked Taehyung for leave, and without any hesitation, Taehyung agreed. Jungkook was grateful for his understanding boyfriend.

Jungkook arrived at the meeting room, wearing a suit and looking handsome and confident. He apologized for being late and began the meeting.

 He apologized for being late and began the meeting

"Hello everyone, sorry I was late. Thank you for giving me your time. Shall we start the meeting? I want to ask you guys why suddenly you're taking your investment back. May I know the reason?" Jungkook asked, his voice calm and composed.

One of the investors spoke up, "Well, the reason is clear, Mr. Jeon. Your brother is in prison due to illegal activities. How can we trust this company? In fact, there is no CEO in this company."

Other investors nodded in agreement and expressed their concerns. Jungkook listened attentively, his expression calm and composed.

"I understand your concerns, but my brother's actions have nothing to do with Jeon Enterprises. This company was built by my grandfather, and I hope you can trust him. Please, just give me one week. I will find the best CEO for this company, or you can take your money back. I won't ask anything," Jungkook said, his voice filled with determination.

The investors looked at each other and then nodded. "Ok, just one week, Mr. Jeon. We will see each other after one week."

Jungkook sighed in relief, feeling grateful that they agreed to give him a chance. He left the meeting room, feeling determined to find a CEO and save his grandfather's company.